Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2015, 10:17 PM   #1

New Fulltimers

My wife and I have been talking about this for several years. Seeing the country before we are in walkers is what we kept talking about.
So in March she says she is taking a traveling RN position in the NW. We live in the Florida Panhandle. Drove her out, got her settled then went home to try and get everything in order for me to join her.
Seven weeks ago went down to the Orlando area to look at a 2002 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095. Coach looked great, Other than a couple of spots where the clear coat was coming off, Every thing looked good. Had looked at a couple of rv's before she left, knew that if we were going to full time it we needed a 40'er. I think we got the perfect coach for us and the two dogs.
Six weeks later we are setting in Auburn CA,have put 4000 miles on the coach, and love it. Knock on wood nothing big has happened, just a couple of small things, Latches and the like.
Have been lurking on the site and have gotten lots of good information.
Would like to thank every one here for what you have done. Look forward to the future.
Spent a couple of weeks in south west Washington state, Looks like we will be in northern California for 6 months. Would like to try to get to Alaska before we head back east. Will have to see how that works out.

DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2015, 03:06 AM   #2

Off Old Muddy Road

Welcome! That sounds like you are having a lot of fun! I hope you find a pot of gold while staying there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	109430  
Old 10-12-2015, 05:38 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:54 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:38 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:04 AM   #6

Can't go wrong with an older Newmar in good condition!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:41 AM   #7

Enjoy the adventure

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:49 PM   #8

Welcome and Auburn is a great place to hang out.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:04 PM   #9

Yes Auburn is a great place. How did it get out that I have always wanted to go panning for gold. Amazing.
The coach has a Winegard Movin' Veiw installed. Looks like it was put in '07, I do not know what happened to the original Winegard that came on the her. Today had Dish Network come out to see if the sat. system works and about 15 min. later works like a charm. No HD but that is fine, Will look into a tailgater as I am sure the dish up top will not always be in the open. Wife will be happy to have HGTV again, Me I will find something to do when she is watching it.

Have a question, It has been pretty warm out here the last week. I got a sun shade inside the front window, Will i see a difference with a outside cover over the inside. Very big price difference between them. Inside shade seems to have cooled of the front of the coach. Before you could feel the difference between the front and back. New to this, seemed like $30 I could do in a day was worth trying.
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:34 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
Yes Auburn is a great place. How did it get out that I have always wanted to go panning for gold. Amazing.
The coach has a Winegard Movin' Veiw installed. Looks like it was put in '07, I do not know what happened to the original Winegard that came on the her. Today had Dish Network come out to see if the sat. system works and about 15 min. later works like a charm. No HD but that is fine, Will look into a tailgater as I am sure the dish up top will not always be in the open. Wife will be happy to have HGTV again, Me I will find something to do when she is watching it.

Have a question, It has been pretty warm out here the last week. I got a sun shade inside the front window, Will i see a difference with a outside cover over the inside. Very big price difference between them. Inside shade seems to have cooled of the front of the coach. Before you could feel the difference between the front and back. New to this, seemed like $30 I could do in a day was worth trying.
We have the Magna Shade that the previous owner had purchased. Cost like $550. Works great, goes up easy, and we can see out without people being able to easily see in. It does cut down some on heating inside the coach as well.

That said, I cut a piece of the foil coated bubble wrap that is used for insulation in metal buildings, about 1/4" thick, and flexible. I traced it out, cut it with a pair of scissors, and put it in. It does an absolutely FANTASTIC job of cutting reducing the heating effect! Used the left overs to cut pieces for the drivers window, and door insert window. Only drawback is you can't see out the front windows any more.

More to your question, you will see a slight reduction in heat transfer if you use the outside shade as well as the inside.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fulltime