Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2021, 10:00 PM   #1

New here from Oregon with a 2004 Phx Cruiser 2350

Howdy, all, from southern Oregon.

My wife and I bought our 2350 in Sept of 2018. It's on a Ford E350 chassis with the V10 gasoline engine, and had 89K on the odometer, and I thought the price seemed a bit steep for that many miles (we paid $24,980 plus all the plusses that dealers charge but they threw in a new set of tires all around including the spare).

Since then we have taken it to Phoenix, Arizona (fitting) and back three times so we've added quite a few more miles to it and loved almost every mile.

There were a couple of things we changed - first, it didn't have the original factory rocker/recliner and the one that was in there was not bolted down, and really too big for the space, so we removed it. I also purchased a Camco Gen-Turi exhaust stack for when we run the generator (I am on oxygen at night and if we are traveling I have to run the generator to power the O2 concentrator to sleep - we generally try to find someplace away from others to park for the night- we've never yet stayed in an RV park with hookups). I highly recommend the Gen-Turi.

I wish it had a dining table (we have the small couch in the slide out, but no table anywhere) but we make do with a small folding table that we store standing up against the wall where the recliner was originally. Also would be nice to have a battery switch that allows you to connect to the coach battery to start the engine if someone accidentally left something turned on and ran the starting battery dead (not saying who).

But other than that, we love our 2350!
CABass is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2021, 08:35 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club

We are glad you joined us. There is a wealth of RV info available to you here just by asking. Browse the forums that interest you and don't be afraid to ask questions as our members like to help when they can.

Post often and share your RV adventures with us. Enjoy the forums.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 10:07 AM   #3

Yes Welcome and...

You have a great powertrain, my first coach was a 2000 Huricane 30 ft class A with the V-10 truly a solid work horse, and as far as the gen Turi I had one given to me however due to previous owner had replaced the pipe off the engine with a bigger size none of the adapters will fit, so now it sits in my shed.
Regarding the jumper for the batteries it is really a easy modification that wouldn't require much in the way of parts or expertise, frankly I wouldn't leave home with out one UNLESS I had some type of road service and a couple beers to drink while waiting for the mechanic to arrive
If I can share with you some advise, Originally when using the coach every so often I would use a fuel system cleaner (mine was the Lucas brand) my primary reason was due to clean the fuel system cause mh so often sit with stale fuel that I wanted to do everything I could to ensure a clean tank, lines and injectors. So while on a trip I would treat the system at least every other tank. There were a couple things I discovered when I used it and when I did not. The very 1st thing I noticed was how my "assometer" noticed a smoother power feel when driving, that is to say the engine actually runs smoother under load, from there I discovered how much less rough it felt when the generator was running (generators use carburetors which really enjoy clean fuel) and under load. However where it really became apparent was the increase of fuel millage, I actually saw 1 1/2 to 2 MPG increase which some people say thats not that much and you figure in the cost of the additive I almost a wash. to that I say "your right" except for a couple things, with the additive its continually cleaning the fuel system, the second thing is the reason the engine is running smoother is due to complete combustion, which creates less carbon. Now go talk to any ONAN service center and ask them what is the #1 reason associated with the gas generators, its carbon build up in the cylinder heads and thats because the engine for the most part runs at a set RPM. Now you said that you run your generator all night for your cpap machine, that really doesn't make the generator work hard enough to ward off carbon build up. So you get several reasons to use the additive as opposed to not, MPG, smoother operation, less carbon build up especially in the generator, and less vibration from the generator when running all night.
Now FYI I have since upgraded my MH to a DP that uses a Cummins engine, and when on the road I stop at truck stops for my fuel, what I noticed when using that crap they forced on use called Bio-fuel is the SMELL from the exhaust when running, primarily the generator at night! So like for many of the same reasons as describe above I sought out to find an additive that could help me. I found several, however I went with the ONLY one recommended by Cummins, it called Diesel Kleen. the first thing was the smell, muchhhhhh better, then of course all the other benefits.
I have shared all of this only because being a mechanic for over 50 years I have never advocated and often discouraged the use of any additives, but I got to say with what were being sold in the name of fuel its no longer what we have known thru the years, that now were using our MH's for secondary living I really want to do all I can do to make it a pleasant cost effective journey.
Again Welcome
Old 05-29-2021, 10:30 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 02:00 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the forum.

You are joining a good group of folks here with lots of good information to share. Read the various threads here and ask questions as they come up or add information if you can.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 07:07 PM   #6

Welcome folks, a Phx Cruiser is on our list when we downsize in a few years. Enjoy
Old 05-29-2021, 08:47 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Nice to have you here with us.

Let us know what we can do to help you.
Old 05-29-2021, 11:20 PM   #8

Thank you to all of you

I appreciate the welcome as well as the advice. We really love this rig, although it's been a driveway princess for the last year. Looking forward to our next road trip!
Old 06-01-2021, 09:22 AM   #9

Where is the Phoenix Cruiser forum here?

I found it once, but can't find it now. I'd like to post a question specific to my PC 2350 but don't know where to post.

To wit: Last winter I ran through snow on the highways quite a bit - enough for the slush that was thrown up from the rear tires to destroy the insulation on the bottom of my grey water tank.

I want to install a set of mud flaps behind the rear wheels to protect that and also the holding tank drain system from future damage on my 2004 2350. Can anyone recommend a kit or how to mount them?

Also any recommendations about reinsulating the tank? I'm thinking of just getting a piece of foil covered insulation board about 1/2" thick and just using a few strips of Gorilla tape to hold it up but not sure if that would be enough adhesion. And looking at the bulge of the tank bottom, I'm not confident that insulation board will work anyway.

Thanks!