Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2011, 08:54 PM   #15

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
Hi Robi, I found this forum on iRV2: RV'ing with Pets - iRV2 Forums
Awesome, Bill, thank you!...Did you see the post about the backpacking bear electric fence? Whoohoo! Its under the post about dog electric fence. I'm wondering about how it works with wolves and mountain lions. I saw a mountain lion down in AX around dusk near the Red Indian ruins near Sedona. S/he was hunting...we stayed in the car, hehe. But very cool to see that close (within 300 feet, cuz of course I had to drive up the road to see what kind of animal crossed it)

Thanks again for the tip.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #16

Quote:
Hello all, I'm Bill Lynch from Southern California. I have never had an RV before. Still don't but it's time to start shopping and see where the road takes us.

Back in the 1970's I worked for Contempo Campers in California building camper vans and surfer vans. That's as close as I got.

Have a great day!

-Bill

Hi Bill!

I thought you might be happy to know I recently acquired, and have been renovating, a 75 Ford Econoline converted by Contempo Campers. I came across your post while trying to research the company and find those impossible-to-find weatherstripping gaskets for the louvered windows. It'd be pretty cool if you actually built my pride and joy! Best of luck in your search for a RV of your own!

-B
75EconoCampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75EconoCampr View Post
Hi Bill!

I thought you might be happy to know I recently acquired, and have been renovating, a 75 Ford Econoline converted by Contempo Campers. I came across your post while trying to research the company and find those impossible-to-find weatherstripping gaskets for the louvered windows. It'd be pretty cool if you actually built my pride and joy! Best of luck in your search for a RV of your own!

-B
Hi B,

Well, by 1975 I was in the US Navy somewhere in the South China Sea. So, yours was not made by me.

I think the Northern California plant might have been closed by that time. Yours was more likely built in Southern California.

Hope you enjoy the restoration. (might be easier to just remove and replace those louvered windows altogether - I know I put in plenty of them)

-Bill
Old 08-09-2011, 07:51 AM   #18
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Bill, and welcome to IRV2! These folks are giving you some great advice! Good luck on your search!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:18 AM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Not sure what your needs or wants are but; This past winter I camoed in the same RV park as about four coupes from Michigan---they all had vintage GMC Royales from the 70's----basically they are compact Class A MH's----you might want to look them over----I see many of them for sale at the $6,000 price----and they look at least in pictures to be quite nice----these couples had traveled rfrom Michigan to Tucson for the winter and they were having a great time. We enjoyed looking at their restorer rigs very nice.

Just a thought---on a Vintage line.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #20

I know I love those things. Thanks for the tip.

I made the mistake of taking Jane with me to look at one for sale locally. I should have left her at home.

This particular one was too "original" (as in worn out and stinky) and the seller wanted waaaayyy too much money.

Wifey took one look, turned around and went straight back to the car. When we left she told me, "you aren't buying anything that old!"

Now she's soured on that whole idea. The only way I might have a chance of getting an old GMC now is if I bought a perfectly restored one and just showed up with it.

But I really like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
Not sure what your needs or wants are but; This past winter I camoed in the same RV park as about four coupes from Michigan---they all had vintage GMC Royales from the 70's----basically they are compact Class A MH's----you might want to look them over----I see many of them for sale at the $6,000 price----and they look at least in pictures to be quite nice----these couples had traveled rfrom Michigan to Tucson for the winter and they were having a great time. We enjoyed looking at their restorer rigs very nice.

Just a thought---on a Vintage line.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:40 AM   #21

And to make matters worse, my cousin showed up in July with a beautiful 2001 Monaco Signature diesel pusher. The thing is gorgeous and due to this economy he only paid $75,000 for it.

Janey told me, "buy one of those!" (arrggh, that was not my plan...)
Old 08-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
And to make matters worse, my cousin showed up in July with a beautiful 2001 Monaco Signature diesel pusher. The thing is gorgeous and due to this economy he only paid $75,000 for it.

Janey told me, "buy one of those!" (arrggh, that was not my plan...)
"Settling" for the above described MH does not sound like a lot of pain to me---that is if it meets your budget----running around in a MH that my wife does not enjoy---that is real suffering.

I faced the same situation; wife wanted a certain make and model (the parameters are completely different so I'll not tell the story) but I managed to get the one I prefered and in the end it was her idea. WE both love it!!!!

It's all strategy Bill----I wish you well---there is a MH out there with both your names on it---and it is a buyers market----what a deal------have fun.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:25 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bill, here is a web site that you might want to look at for Motorhomes. I have delt with these people before and highly ,highly recommend them.

Conejo Wholesale Auto & RV
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #24

Thanks Norm and Chuck and Joe!