Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2010, 11:01 AM   #1

Pond Piggies Club
New member from Ohio

Just getting started in the RV life. My wife and I decided to make the plunge and buy a camper now that we have a 12 week old baby girl. We figured that if we didn't do it now and make it a priority we probably never would. We went head first and bought a Keystone Fuzion 398 TEII which is 43ft. long and ordered a 2010 Dodge 3500 dually 4x4 to pull it with. Haven't decided on which fifth wheel hitch to buy or to go with a gooseneck adapter, if anyone has some insight or experience they would like to share I would love to hear from you. Can't wait for warm weather and hope to run in to some of you down the road this summer and beyond. Ryan
Buckeyefarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Welcome to irv2.. You dont mess around when you buy something, huh?? What part of Ohio you from? Keep an eye on the Pond Piggy chapter in the North Central region and hope you can join up with us this summer.
Again, welcome..
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:43 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Buckeyefarm;

Welcome to iRV2. We are happy you joined us. Congratulations on the recent purchase of your Keystone Fuzion. What a lucky little girl to be able to grow up camping. The memories will last a life time. Post often and share your travel experiences with us.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:14 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Welcome to iRV2, Buckeyefarm. We're glad to have you aboard.

I see you're from the NFL football making capital. How cool would it be to see those balls made!?!

As Mike said, please check out the North Central Forum & Pond Piggies sub-Forum. We've got a couple outtings on the schedule & more will be posted as we get closer to spring. Sometimes it's just one of us posting where we'll be & others join in. Other times, we make an effort to put together a group campout. We love meeting new members so you're welcome to join us anytime.

Safe travels & hope to meet up w/you.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:48 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Welcome aboard...Looks like you by-passed the tent~pop-up~trailer~progression. Right straight to the Toy-Hauler. Buying a toy hauler, are you into ATV riding?
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:50 AM   #6

Pond Piggies Club
Not really huge into the ATV's but always want to keep that option open seeing as we have a few. Really it boiled down to space and usable space. We knew we didn't want a bunkhouse but we wanted to be able to take friends with us and have room as the family grows. We never had considered the toy hauler until we went to the big show in Cleveland this year and as we were walking through every 5er in the show we just happened into a toy hauler and my wife and I fell in love with it. The space is so useable and convertible for different uses we just thought it was practical if that makes any sense, that and we can take the golf cart, motorcycles, jet skis, atv's or what ever along in the back.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:42 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
welcome where abouts in Ohio my son lives North West and my Daughter North East Ohio
gasser 38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #8

Pond Piggies Club
We live in NW Ohio just outside a little town called Ada. Our claims to fame are Ohio Northern University and the Wilson Football factory. It is not far from Lima or Findlay and about fifteen minutes from Indian Lake State Park where we spend a lot of time boating and camping.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
I know right where you are have driven back and forth on 30 hundreds of times My son lives about 50 miles north West of you in Ohio City
Old 02-12-2010, 02:28 PM   #10

Pond Piggies Club
I actually farm some ground right along New 30.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
When my brother bought his toy hauler we meet him at a ATV campground south of Pittsburgh called 4-Seasons. It was the first time we had gone to a campground like that. The showers were clean, the trails were mostly away from the camping sites and nicely groomed. But it was about 10 or 12 miles off the freeway up and down some rather steep and narrow roads. 4-Seasons Here are a few pixs from there with what they called their Mud Drag event. That was his first trip hauling his new 5er with his old Ram V-10. Well, he knew after those hills, he would have to get a diesel vehicle to handle the 5er. The V-10 just didn't have it.....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:39 AM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyefarm View Post
I actually farm some ground right along New 30.
will be driving by you on 30 4/6 or 4/7 prob still to early for you to be in the field hope the weather improves over last year. What are you planting out by 30 this year beans or corn?
Old 02-25-2010, 06:58 AM   #13

Pond Piggies Club
Sorry it took so long to get back to you Gasser. Those fields will be soybeans this year. You will see them on the south side of the road about two miles before St. Rt. 235 on your way through. We hope it is a little better weather this year too, even so you are correct it will be a little early for planting this far north. We will be about 10 miles to the south planting carrots or finishing up planting carrots when you cruise through.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:06 AM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Hope you have a great year!!!!