Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2016, 08:40 PM   #1

New member from Texas

Hi there! just wanted to drop by and say thank you to all of the helpful searches i have read in purchasing my first rv as well as my first home!!! can't believe i actually went through with it and am taking the plunge to full time in an rv lol.

little background is we moved from houston area to east tx for my better half to go to school. we got an apartment and basically have thrown 805 bucks a month away for a full year. well i hate throwing money away so we joking said screw it and lets go look at some motorhomes. after looking at motor homes we fell in love with the idea of being able to get up and move and not being tied down to anything or anyone for a set amount of time. we then looked at fifth wheels and were so amazed at the floor plans available and how big they are from when she actually stayed in one that we decided the fifth wheel was the best most cost effective way to go. after lots of research for hours on end we ended up deciding on a keystone montana legacy edition with the 3911FB floor plan. i know stupid expensive for a first time home owner as well as rv owner but we love the floor plan and can honestly see ourselves staying in it for quite some time. the reason we have bought the fifth wheel to live in is due to the fact that instead of throwing money away at least we will have something to show for it in a few years vs an apartment and never have anything to show for it and they are stupid expensive. hope we have made the right decision as we are a little nervous about down sizing but excited about the amount of money we will be able to save as well as each payment it gets closer to being payed off and being ours!!! let me know your thoughts and experiences and advice! we are young and have a great head on our shoulders and could use some great encouragement and pros and cons! thanks so much for everything! Clayton.
Dude_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2016, 09:54 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Hello Clayton,

Great to have you join us!! Congrats on the new rig!! Wishing you the very best with everything. There are lots of folks here eager to hear of your adventures and be of assistance on the forum.

Show us some pics of that rig too!

Best regards,
W.D.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:39 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:40 AM   #4

thank y'all for the warm welcome!
Old 03-20-2016, 11:25 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Clayton

Glad to have you here with us. You made a nice choice in the Montana 5er. You're going to have a great time with it.

There is an old adage that says your should buy your third RV first. Sounds like that's what you did.

Congratulations and Happy Trails!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 12:07 PM   #6

thank y'all! yes sir it sure is! we have heard that same saying so we took it into deep consideration and just jumped in with both feet! can't wait to move in!
Old 03-20-2016, 01:50 PM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Clayton! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 04:00 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Hi folks, welcome to IRV2.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 04:05 PM   #9

thank y'all so much!! sheesh i sure hope we keep it between the ditches! i already told the ol lady that she is going to drive the truck with the camper attached whether she likes it or not lol so wish us luck!!!!
Old 03-20-2016, 06:54 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to yet another Great Stater !

We are in the dfw area and going to Mill Creek in Canton, Tx to meet a couple of others that love to do the Canton First Monday trade Days @ the end of this month --- look us up in sites 75 and 76 !
Old 03-20-2016, 08:07 PM   #11

Welcome to the forum. I know y'all will like it here.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Welcome to yet another Great Stater !

We are in the dfw area and going to Mill Creek in Canton, Tx to meet a couple of others that love to do the Canton First Monday trade Days @ the end of this month --- look us up in sites 75 and 76 !
awesome! thank you so much for the invite! if we are able to get there count us in! we will most definitely have a lot going on trying to get ready and trying to find a camp site for our new home.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:17 PM   #13

we are loving it here so far and loving reading all the stories from everyone! definitely helps us feel a lot better knowing we aren't the only ones going through this lol
Old 03-21-2016, 04:05 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new member, texas