Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2015, 04:47 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to beatonii
New Member - hello from Washington State

I have just joined this message board - recently bought a 1998 Safari Trek 2430 MH. I would like to talk with anyone that has information in regard to wiring diagrams for Safari Trek MH. I cannot find the information I need from the owners manual. Specifically I am trying to re-connect the rear view camera to the new flat screen TV the previous owner installed to replace the old TV. There are several wires in the TV bay, but I am not sure which ones need to be connected to make that rear view Camera work again. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bill
beatonii is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2015, 05:35 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatonii View Post
I have just joined this message board - recently bought a 1998 Safari Trek 2430 MH. I would like to talk with anyone that has information in regard to wiring diagrams for Safari Trek MH. I cannot find the information I need from the owners manual. Specifically I am trying to re-connect the rear view camera to the new flat screen TV the previous owner installed to replace the old TV. There are several wires in the TV bay, but I am not sure which ones need to be connected to make that rear view Camera work again. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bill
I had one of those, new in 1998. the backup camera, if I remember correctly was connected to the TV by a single coax from the rear of the coach. There should be a panel in the cabinet in bathroom that has 4 screws to access the camera. The other end of the coax should be in the compartment behind the TV. We had replaced the tv with a flatscreen as well.
Trekgrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:51 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:19 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Bill! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:19 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Best of luck with your new rig and welcome aboard!
PPAinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:25 AM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:27 AM   #7

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:30 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

Glad you could join us!
Enjoy your new MH!
sikorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 05:00 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:11 PM   #10

Welcome from a fellow Washingtonian. We retired from the RV life a year ago because of cost. We figure Anacortes is a nice enough place, we don't need to wander any more.

Whereabouts in the state are you?
Old 10-30-2015, 07:01 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdamp View Post
Welcome from a fellow Washingtonian. We retired from the RV life a year ago because of cost. We figure Anacortes is a nice enough place, we don't need to wander any more.

Whereabouts in the state are you?
Anacortes is a beautiful place, hope you are enjoying living there.
My wife and I live in Kent, south of Seattle.
We bought the MH because our youngest son & family have a travel trailer and we want to be able to go with them on trips.
Once I get all the little things taken care of in the MH, it will be ready for the road - likely not until next spring. There were more little things wrong than I realized, but still not too bad considering it is 17 going on 18 years old.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekgrr View Post
I had one of those, new in 1998. the backup camera, if I remember correctly was connected to the TV by a single coax from the rear of the coach. There should be a panel in the cabinet in bathroom that has 4 screws to access the camera. The other end of the coax should be in the compartment behind the TV. We had replaced the tv with a flatscreen as well.
Thank you, that is just want I needed to know. I saw the coax so I will be hooking that up and hopefully it will work as desired. The flat screen was just sitting in the cabinet, not anchored at all, so I am going to fix that too - sure don't need a headache from a falling flat screen.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:59 AM   #13

Congrats on getting a plan in order to get some rv time in. My wife and I just left Auburn WA the 1st of June this year to become snowbirds. So far, we have made it to AR and have seen some beautiful country including Sturgis week. We will be heading to AZ about the 7th of this month to finish out the winter in gold mining territory. My biggest word of advice so far, get any work done before you head out. The honey do list becomes much more expensive on the road. Other than that, have a great time and welcome to the forum. Bill and Jo
shutterhpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:55 AM   #14

Well, you are missing a lot of rain, by getting away when you did. Have a good time in all that sunshine. Thanks for your advice, I am working day to day, fixing the little things (hopefully that is all - I really do not want any big items to fix). Take care.
Bill & Bea

Tags