Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
New Newbie in North Carolina

I have dreamed for years that i would one day own a little travel trailer. Had my sights set on an r-Pod, perfect for just me and my dogs. We can go to shows and just enjoy ourselves.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I would actually have a motorhome! Because I have one of the very best friends in the world.... I now own (own - what a cool word) a 2005 Winnebago Itasca Spirit. Just pinch me!

It is not an r-pod, but oh my am I one happy happy woman. Now, definitely no two dog limit like would have been in the r-pod. I can, I believe, comfortably take along 4. Woo Hoo!

It is in my driveway and makes me smile. I will go and just sit in it and I swear its all a dream.

My only problem is that I know NOTHING about ANYTHING RV related. I am reading and trying to learn. Looking for someone to do a complete walk-thru with me to show me things I need to do, best ways to do things, and all that I need to know to take extra special care of my big Dream Catcher.

I have so many dreams that I hope come true while using my RV taking me and my dogs to shows. Hopefully will learn how to post a few photos soon. I removed the back queen bed and it now houses 4 large crates (3 goldens and one rhodesian ridgeback). My older rescue, queen of our home, stays home. She isn't one for being out of her home for long, she needs her space and quiet.

I will be lurking around reading and absorbing all the knowledge I can, meanwhile trying to learn all about how everything works and how to hook up even the basics!

Donna
DCPakaMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2011, 03:12 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Photos

Just a few initial pictures.... (can you see me beaming?)

And, my 3 goldens...

Old 07-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Donna! That's wonderful news! We are so happy for you!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome Donna, Everyone needs a dream. Live yours.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #5

Hi Donna.. a big congratulations to you. I live in NC too.. near Charlotte. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know.

You'll have a blast in the Spirit. Our first MH was a class C when our kids were young and traveled with us. It was a great experience. Now that there are only the 2 of us, along with our 2 furry children (cats), we travel in the Bounder.

Again, please let me know if there is anything we can help you with.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:07 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks NCBounder! I get all giddy when I think about the RV! I have an RV guy coming out tomorrow to go over everything with me, so hopefully I will feel a little more secure, confident when I go out the first time. I appreciate the warm welcome for everyone.

I can't wait to venture out for the first time,
Old 07-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #7

Welcome We are down the road in Columbia SC if you need any help there are a lot of smart people on this board that will help also when you get to a campground people will help you there RVers are all nice people
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags