Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #1

New to Rv'ing

Hello everone,Names Terry, 56 years old, in Tennessee. The wife and I just bought our first RV, it an older 1984 Vogue 2, 33ft with center bath, gas model. Runs great,34k on 454,and everthing works as it should. The interior is ok, but it's awful dated, so I'm going to start ripping the carpet and sofa out next week and redo it with vinal in the bath and wood in the rest. I'll post pic's when I get started and as I go along. The MH is a little old, but the price was right to see if it's something that we would enjoy.Looking forward to a rewarding experiance with the remodle and lighting upgrades.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	433.3 KB
ID:	18886   Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	18887  

tlhigham is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
congrats and welcome! I'm sure others will welcome you as well. Good luck with the remodel and enjoy the new toy.
Bdhicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:15 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think you made a wise decision buying an older unit and trying it out before spending a ton on an RV and discovering you don't like RVing.

You will learn a ton of stuff with your first RV and the next one you buy will have more of the features you've discovered you would like.

There's a learning curve with RV's and I'll venture to say most people on here have owned at least three. We are on # 7 and probably the last unless something bad happens to it.

So good luck and keep us posted on the remodeling.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome and enjoy! I think it would be fun to Reno an older unit....but I am not very handy, so my wife just rolls her eyes when I mention it.

This is a fabulous forum and if you RV...ou gotta be here. I'm sitting outside mine right now enjoying a beautiful south central Texas day!
TxRVMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #5

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Welcome Terry...!!!

This forum is the best! Your new rolling home looks great and I ditto the sentiment that you are wise to start with an older..."starter" RV to see if you like the lifestyle.

Bob and I wish you many happy and safe journeys. Keep us posted with your renos... and please post lots of pictures....we love pictures!!!!

Faith in Chilly Massachusetts
fansill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your time here. Congrats on the purchase and hope the remodeling goes as planned so you can get on the road and enjoy the experienc. Be safe and Happy Motoring!!!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ditto's on the Welcome aboard and enjoy your NEW RV for they are all new your first time out. Good luck and enjoy all the great people on the forum.
jabfado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
I think you made a wise decision buying an older unit and trying it out before spending a ton on an RV and discovering you don't like RVing...
Arch speaks great wisdom, Young Grasshopper...

This was my original intention; but, on the verge of dipping my toe into the proverbial RV puddle, I tripped and fell in head-first. The good news: it's been a wonderful first year. You'll love your RV adventures, I promise
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congrats on your new project. I often wish I had done the same thing instead of getting one only 2yrs. old. It was my first and only one. IMO I think it would be fun to Reno an older coach as long as it doesn't keep you off the road.Do only small things during the season and save the time consuming items for winter. I have found answers to a million questions here since I joined last Aug. Great bunch of folks here and are always wiling to help. I doubt you could ask a question that these guys and gals haven't done. Happy travels and BTW you will love RVn.
Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the husband
new2RVn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Howdy Terry and welcome to the forum! What a great looking "vintage" coach you have there, congrats! Be sure to check out the Vintage Owners section of the forum where there's lots of reno talk going on. Have fun! Looking forward to the photos of your progress.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Terry, welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your rig and best of luck with your updates.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Hello, welcome to IRV2. Sounds like you got a good deal. Looking forward to seeing pics after remodel. Safe travels.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rving