Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #1

New to RV's

Hello to you all. I just caught the RV bug. My wife and have been umming and arring for years about getting something for leisure time. We have looked at narrow boats and carravans and even thought of converting an old coach. We finaly hit the bid now button on that internet [buy it blind regret it later auction site]. Never learn do I ???? Anyway I just had a good feeling about this RV and the vender Les & Jane Botham had really good reviews, he is a secondhand dealer and importer and I had communicated with him through the website concerned. So we threw caution to the wind and jumped im with both feet . Size 11 yes a big jump ! This was a 17 year old National Dolphin 32D. 71000 miles on a cummins 5.9 turbo diesel with auto allinson box, well its only just run in!!!
We stayed at wolvey campsite for five days whilst trying it out. Loved it. Our kids loved it the dog loved it, the wife loved it. Our sixteen year old doesnt love it. He keeps that sort of thing for the local lasses. Ah yes I rember it well. Anyway, I Digress.... The wolvey campsite were very accomodating and friendly. They offer a good service to the campers and as long as you respect the rules and the environment they seemed very friendly. Which we did. So thanks to harold for making us welcome at short notice.
The RV is old but lovely. As I used to work as a Bus and Coach fitter I have really enjoyed re familiarising myself with all thing mechanical. The RV is good to go really but we want to revitalise it and make it sparkle inside with a fresh decor and new carpets etc. There are small repairs to do as well, but I'm loving it I feel energised and motivated I even feel fitter too. We would love to go fulltime and ditch the moneypit that is modern living in a house. The people you meet at sites are pleaed to meet and greet, sharing knowledge and ideas. It great. I love you all already !! Just an aside our RV used to belong to Bernie Clifton. We found an old slipper under.a chair so we kept it a while just for a laugh. Pass me that tv remote, where is it ? Just by Bernie Clifton's slipper etc. Well we found it funny anyway, suppose you had to be there really . Well I better finish for now cos I have got to get back to work tomorrow after taking time off for playing RV's since last Monday. Bye for now.
Boneidle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #2

Oh by the way , for those of you from anywhere not the UK Bernie Clifton is a British comedian who used to gallop around in an ostrich costume using his own legs to run about and false legs to sit over the ostrich costume. It was very funny back in the Day !
Old 11-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Congrats on your rig....wishing you many years of fun and enjoyment!!!
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Congrats on the new rig and welcome to the forum.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:03 AM   #5

Thumbs up

Thsnks to Ghoststories and sdennislee for your warm welcome. And thankyou for offer in AK. But Alaska might be a bit ambitious from England. But never say never !
Old 11-24-2011, 02:17 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Yep, you've got the bug all right! Congrats on the new rig! How about keeping us updated on the renovation as you go along? Good luck & God bless! Happy Thanksgiving!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #7

Whereabouts in England? DW and I are originally from Leyland (Lancs). My sister still lives there and my brother lives in Plymouth.

We emigrated to a job for me at Boeing in 1968. I retired in 1998 and we moved to Anacortes a year later. Just love it here.

Tags
rvs