Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
newbee want to be rv owner

Hello everyone newbee want to be rv owner looking at a forest river windjammer 2102w I've been a outdoor world thousand trials member for 12 years and always rented a cabin. I always admired all those rv's in the camp grounds and I'm making my move very soon. It's a 24 ft. rv just for my wife, me the pet dog and sometimes my daughters and grand son
jray378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2011, 07:04 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Welcome Keep us updated on your progress. ask questions if you got them. And enjoy....Peace.....D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
1 st purchase of rv

I'm looking to buy from rv direct they have the best price on the wind jammer I'm interested in has any one purchased from them and should I purchase an extended 7 year warranty. I plan to have this rv for a while
Old 04-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Strange things happen: got a quote from RV Direct for a new Jayco. Called a Jayco dealer and told them what the quote was and the quote #. The dealer called back and beat the RV Direct quote............ interesting!
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by jray378 View Post
I'm looking to buy from rv direct they have the best price on the wind jammer I'm interested in has any one purchased from them and should I purchase an extended 7 year warranty. I plan to have this rv for a while
Check with Good Sam for the extended warranty
Old 04-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #6

Have you checked the Classifieds at this site? Some great prices on all kinds of RVs.

But the true travelers are they who leave for leaving’s sake
Saying continuously, without knowing why: ‘Let us go on’.
Paraphrased from Baudelaire’s ‘The Journey’
thelastplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Howdy and welcome.
John_N_Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club

I looked at the 2102W specs. Sometimes when people first jump into an RV they don't know if the capacities for fresh water and the the two holding tanks are going to suit their camping needs. For a mid size TT, a fresh water tank over 40 gallons is a positive. The 2102W was 43...good...We have a 46 in ours which we can get 4, maybe 5 nights showers for 3 people. Also is the Gas/Electric Hot Water Heater an option or standard equipment?
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post

I looked at the 2102W specs. Sometimes when people first jump into an RV they don't know if the capacities for fresh water and the the two holding tanks are going to suit their camping needs. For a mid size TT, a fresh water tank over 40 gallons is a positive. The 2102W was 43...good...We have a 46 in ours which we can get 4, maybe 5 nights showers for 3 people. Also is the Gas/Electric Hot Water Heater an option or standard equipment?
Yes it is standard 6 gallon
Old 04-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
When we ordered our 05' hybrid, we didn't really know too much about what options we would need. I'm glad we were talked into the electronic ignition gas / electric water heater. Friends of ours had only a manual lighting gas water heater. There is a panel inside the cabinet under the sink that has 3 lighted toggle switches: Water pump, Gas water heater, Electric water heater. 90% we will use the electric water heater and times we don't have electric, gas water heater is used...Just be for-warned. You should clean the tube on the water heater at least twice a year. Otherwise spiderwebs can form in the tube and catch fire....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Welcome!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
Finally did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jray378 View Post
Hello everyone newbee want to be rv owner looking at a forest river windjammer 2102w I've been a outdoor world thousand trials member for 12 years and always rented a cabin. I always admired all those rv's in the camp grounds and I'm making my move very soon. It's a 24 ft. rv just for my wife, me the pet dog and sometimes my daughters and grand son
Just ordered on the way for pickup in June can,t wait to be out camping and now looking at a WD hitch and brake controller so many different brands out there. What have you all had experience with brake controllers & WD hitches as this is my first RV towing behind a 2003 Toyota Tundra
Thanks
Old 04-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome...and good luck with your search...it can be fun!!
John_N_Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:37 AM   #14

Forest River Owners Club
Just picked up our 2012 wind jammer on 7/5 in Buffalo what a ride from Middletown NY. Just in time for vacation today saturday going down to Jersey shore on my first rv adventure for a week stay in Sea Pines Outdoor world camp site wish me luck you all.