Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2016, 01:04 AM   #15

WELCOME BC CAMPER from another BC'er !
I'm with Trux on this Don't let them drag this out forever ! The roofing is chemically compromised and could potentially turn to pulp or to cardboard, who knows but it WILL NOT protect you and your loved ones from the elements for long and then what?

You are in a strong position being that they provided the wrong advice and the wrong product!!!

Don't waiver!!! Good Luck. we hope it will be resolved quickly for you!

Best Regards,

Ed
RVingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2016, 12:39 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVingDutchman View Post
WELCOME BC CAMPER from another BC'er !
I'm with Trux on this Don't let them drag this out forever ! The roofing is chemically compromised and could potentially turn to pulp or to cardboard, who knows but it WILL NOT protect you and your loved ones from the elements for long and then what?

You are in a strong position being that they provided the wrong advice and the wrong product!!!

Don't waiver!!! Good Luck. we hope it will be resolved quickly for you!

Best Regards,

Ed
So do you think I have given them enough time - started all my research in May 2015. Emails back and forth from then on. Last email to RV Dealership I told them I was still awaiting response. I told them that I had been more than patient and had not made any demands of them. But if they wanted me to tell them what I want done, I would be happy to do so. The sales manager said he was still doing his testing with the Camco product on the TPO roof of a trailer they had on their lot. Now after winter he wants to try the DICOR 2 part coatings roll-on as I described above. That was about 2 weeks ago.
I just have tried my best not to tick them off as I know I would not get anywhere doing that. But should I now just send them an email, tell them I want the roof replaced and I will take the trailer down to the Outdoors RV and they can settle between the two of them. I guess I should first contact Outdoors RV and see if they will do this repair for me.
I know I would have to make an appointment. Time is ticking as we are heading across Canada 3rd week of May. I am going to get up on the roof tomorrow and see what it looks like after the winter.
BC Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:45 AM   #17

TRUX you think I have given them enough time - started all my research in May 2015. Emails back and forth from then on. Last email to RV Dealership I told them I was still awaiting response. I told them that I had been more than patient and had not made any demands of them. But if they wanted me to tell them what I want done, I would be happy to do so. The sales manager said he was still doing his testing with the Camco product on the TPO roof of a trailer they had on their lot. Now after winter he wants to try the DICOR 2 part coatings roll-on as I described above. That was about 2 weeks ago.
I just have tried my best not to tick them off as I know I would not get anywhere doing that. But should I now just send them an email, tell them I want the roof replaced and I will take the trailer down to the Outdoors RV and they can settle between the two of them. I guess I should first contact Outdoors RV and see if they will do this repair for me.
I know I would have to make an appointment. Time is ticking as we are heading across Canada 3rd week of May. I am going to get up on the roof tomorrow and see what it looks like after the winter.
Old 02-20-2016, 04:04 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 02:16 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Camper View Post
TRUX you think I have given them enough time - started all my research in May 2015. Emails back and forth from then on. Last email to RV Dealership I told them I was still awaiting response. I told them that I had been more than patient and had not made any demands of them. But if they wanted me to tell them what I want done, I would be happy to do so. The sales manager said he was still doing his testing with the Camco product on the TPO roof of a trailer they had on their lot. Now after winter he wants to try the DICOR 2 part coatings roll-on as I described above. That was about 2 weeks ago.
Is Outdoor the factory? They may want to know about all of this. That may put more pressure on the sales manager in your favour. Make certain they do the repair well before the warranty period is over. A tactic used by some questionable dealers. I going across Canada also first week of June, then south to Florida and back home spring of '17.
Good luck,
Trux
trux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 02:37 PM   #20

You might want to get an estimate from Outdoor to replace the roof. Compare that with what the sales manager says.
trux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 11:27 PM   #21

TRUX - that is a good idea - I will email them tonight for an estimate and confirm if they can do it in the next 6 - 8 weeks and if I can get it scheduled.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:29 PM   #22

Yes Outdoors RV is the Manufacturer in Oregon. I have sent them a copy of every email & they are well aware of every detail. Todd actually had to look up my VIN to confirm what the roof product was (TPO). They have asked me to keep in touch with progress.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:32 PM   #23

WOW ! that is quite the trip. We will do the Eastern Seaboard and south to Florida & wind back through the US on another trip. We are leaving for cross Canada about the 3rd week of May and want to be in Ottawa for Canada Day July 1 celebrations. Then carry on. Do you have an itinerary?
Old 02-21-2016, 11:56 PM   #24

One more thing - the warranty is well over expiry. This has nothing to do with warranty - it has to do with the dealer giving us incorrect advise and product to use. This roof I feel has considerably devalued my trailer.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:17 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well first off welcome.. I hav just read this entire thread .. What an ordeal.. The only way I would allow the dealership to roll on the roofing membrane (we use this product on our park model in Az), is with an very extended warranty (equal to the roof TPO warranty) and continued maintenance. TPO is a very good product with an expected life well in excess of 25 years I believe, I don't think the dealer will want to warrant that time frame.
As someone mentioned, what happens if the roof turns to mush, your trailer will be worthless.
The dealer needs to step up and replace your roof, no if ands or buts.. His salesman screwed up, they need to stand behind the statements of the salesman. Seems to me that the dealership has acknowledged guilt..
Keep us informed and good luck..
Petesflhtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:42 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Camper View Post
So do you think I have given them enough time - started all my research in May 2015. Emails back and forth from then on. Last email to RV Dealership I told them I was still awaiting response. I told them that I had been more than patient and had not made any demands of them. But if they wanted me to tell them what I want done, I would be happy to do so. The sales manager said he was still doing his testing with the Camco product on the TPO roof of a trailer they had on their lot. Now after winter he wants to try the DICOR 2 part coatings roll-on as I described above. That was about 2 weeks ago.
Hi again, sorry for the delayed response,
In my opinion you have been more then patient with the whole situation and need to demand action NOW, Summer is coming and your time is just as valuable as theirs and you have spend plenty of it already on this situation totally caused by them and you are not getting reimbursed for your time, so make them understand it is also in their interest to waste no more time and get it fixed or you will be forced to take it up with your lawyer!!!

Usually that will get their attention and at least make them listen, get a solution written down on paper with a guarantee at least equivalent to the original!

Do not let them talk you out of the shop !!!!

I hope you get satisfaction!

Best regards,
Ed
RVingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:36 AM   #27

Thanks for all your encouragement and especially the info from Petesflhtk on using this DICOR roll on product.
I have an email drafted up to the RC sales dealer informing them I want the roof replaced. Patient enough, how would they warrant the DICOR? , what if we are facing this all in 6 months again - etc etc. Have to sit on the email for a day or two to think it out & re read it before I hit send. But that is where I am at. I summarized all my emails back and forth - 25 emails plus phone calls. I told the dealer I want the roof replaced by Outdoors RV and we will drive the trailer down at our expense. Dealer can pay for the repair. I just don't trust anyone around here or the dealer to replace - if the factory does it, I would feel much more comfortable.

Oh & I will keep you all posted as to the response from the RV Sales dealer. Outdoors RV has a spot for us but not until May

Tags