Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2016, 07:04 AM   #1

Newbie to forum, not to RVing, ready to upgrade!

Greetings from the Finger Lakes (NY).

I've had campers my whole life including growing up with the 'rents "Holiday Ramblers". Currently we have a 34' Sunnybrook 5th towed by a Chevy/Duramax combo. No issues, the gel coat on the 5th is perfect as it was always stored in a pole barn.

After tons of considerations on our next upgrade, and being that I have now hit 50! (yikes!) we have the desire to now bring the motorcycle along. Staying in a 5th, I really like the Grand Design Momentum series. Looked and touched them all, BUT...........

About a year ago, I started hearing (and digesting with a real understanding) all the chat about "Buy your last RV first!". Well, that can't happen for us anymore, but maybe the next one can be more "permanent" and include a more snowbird semi-full-time living method that we will evolve into.

That said, my ultimate RV would be a diesel pusher with a towable trailer for my BMW motorcycle, maybe even with a small elec vehicle in the trailer as well.

Lurking for about a year on this now, tons of reading and of course seeing at shows and talking with other owners, I've narrowed my decision. I have worked since school and own my business, have some savings but do not want to blow the entire thing on a coach and not have enough funding to put fuel in it!...

Being that I've camped with NASCAR for 20 some years, I always admired the Prevost (of course!). Newell also, but both are too extreme dollar wise, at least to leave anything left for traveling slash snowbirding. I'm basically a high tech gadget guy, love gismo's and computers of course.

So wanting the best tech coach for the dollar, has brought me to the Entegra line. Seeing tons of different coaches in the last year, and admiring a few certain things in every one of them, I keep resorting back to the Entegra. The Cornerstone model is built on a Spartan K3 chassis, about the closest I'll come to Prevost I guess, and I like power (600 ponies, 1950TQ) for mountains and trailering possibilities. I like power I guess, my BMW motorcycle by the way is a 6 cylinder comfy rocketship!

I'm close to pulling the trigger, I want to see if the '18s will have an updated dash in the cockpit. Other high end Mfgrs (now) have the LCD display cluster instead of the analog gauges/dash, I like the LCD configurable display way better. My Chevy Volt (commuter car) has this and I absolutely love it.

So, No more lurking... I'm here and getting itchy to pull the trigger on a new coach (and hopefully my last RV purchase) hehe
Top_Speed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2016, 08:52 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you have a nice plan with an expensive set up in mind. Nice bike you ride, almost went that route a couple years ago after many Harleys but settled on a new Wing. Good luck with your adventure.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:23 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Hope you find the perfect rig for your needs!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 02:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
Welcome to the forum, sounds like you have a nice plan with an expensive set up in mind. Nice bike you ride, almost went that route a couple years ago after many Harleys but settled on a new Wing. Good luck with your adventure.
~500K budget, not expensive compared to the Prevost conversions that a friend has, but that is their only home also. I believe the Cornerstone can eventually be our (almost) full time home when I actually do waive the white flag and retire.

The Goldwings are one sweet ride! I always rent one when in Vegas going over to Yosemite, or east to G-Canyon and S. Utah. Awesome smooth ride, just not as sporty on the aggressive twisties is all.

Thanks and Happy riding and Rving to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Hope you find the perfect rig for your needs!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
Thank you, safe travels and God Bless to you and your family!
Top_Speed1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum, newbie, rving, upgrade