Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2020, 05:56 AM   #1

Question Newbie with Starting Problem

Hi Bit of a Newbie to this, Bought a 95 Fleetwood Coronado V8 6.5td 2 years back and have slowly being trying to fix a few Problems but this has me Stumped
the Key turns and does everything it's meant to do Ignition on Heater plugs work Turn to start and a Solenoid clicks in the front But wont Turn over the Engine, Put a Remote Starter Lead onto the starter and It Starts Straight away.
I've Downloaded and Printed the Chevrolet Motorhome Chassis Service Guide but No Wiring diagrams..
Any Ideas as I would like to get it Running off the Key rather than a Bypass
Thanks
Andy
andy flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2020, 06:26 AM   #2

If you are putting a pair of jumper leads directly to the starter as described then It sounds like a starter solenoid problem. Just because it clicks does not mean it is making contact. Time for a volt meter.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:51 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply its got 12v to the starter im using an old snap-on Remote starter lead connected to the live and Signal wires on the starter and completing the switch with the button Basically Crossing the starter and it starts. its as if the circuit isn't completing as I've no wiring diagrams i cant tell if there is another relay somewhere I'm missing.
I've tried tracing them Back from the Starter, 1 Red Live to solenoid 2 Purple goes to Loom Connected to a Relay in engine bay (2 relays side by side) I've tried looking them up and I Think its the Pump relay(or its the same as listed for P30 workhorse)
Sorry to clarify the Clicking Solenoid is coming from the Front of the rv not the Starter
Old 03-27-2020, 09:31 AM   #4

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
If you are putting a pair of jumper leads directly to the starter as described then It sounds like a starter solenoid problem. Just because it clicks does not mean it is making contact. Time for a volt meter.
Started at the Beginning Again Found an Aftermarket Immobiliser Fitted Bypassed it and its All working Again, they had it fitted well out of the way
thanks for the Help
Old 03-27-2020, 09:42 AM   #5

So somebody added a battery disconect or starter disconect switch that was hiden ?
And you found it ???
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 07:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJLowell View Post
So somebody added a battery disconect or starter disconect switch that was hiden ?
And you found it ???
Its Been Fitted with a Laserline Thatcham Cat 2-1 Immobiliser and Alarm,
the Immobiliser Connections were Under the Fuse Box in the Dash Traced the wiring back from Ignition Found 2 Signal Wires on Green and Yellow wires Must be Ignition Live Sensors followed them Back to Alarm Controller then Traced from that to find the Immobiliser, Looks like the Immobiliser is Shot so I've Bypassed it and Ordered a Replacement as its part of the Insurance...
On the 95 P30 the Fuse box in the Dash has a Crank Fuse with Purple and White wire that they used to immobilise the Bus

Andy

Tags
newbie, problem