Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2014, 07:57 AM   #15

Welcome to the Forum and we hope you have many great camping adventures with whichever one you decide on. Best of luck

Happy RV'ing
myshaggydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2014, 08:15 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by iawoody2 View Post
Welcome from Iowa, we winter in Panama City Beach.
Some of the best beaches around. That is where these 2 vehicles are located.
Ltiggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:14 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A.C.E. Ltiggis;2182887]Hello All. My wife and I have been considering an RV for quite some time. We have the chance to test drive a 2010 Leprechaun 31.5 SS with 10055 miles and a 2013 Thor ACE 29.2 with 11300 miles on it this weekend from the same dealer lot. Being new at this, any info on what to look for and or what to expect performance wise would be greatly appreciated. Its just us and our border collie so we don't need much room, but nice with reliability and both of us drive with comfort. We are looking forward to joining the RV world but want to be comfortable with our decision. Thank you.
Larry and Randa with Toby the Border Collie[/QUOTE

Thanks for all the greetings. We actually pick up our purchase this week. That dealer had a newly available, used 2014 Thor ACE 30.1 double slide that had just been traded in on a new larger coach. It is everything we were looking for. Maybe a little less exterior storage but lots of interior storage and very comfortable. Its the best of both the A and C. Hope to see you all on the road!
Larry
Old 08-25-2014, 06:05 AM   #18

Congrats on you new A.C.E, Larry & Randa (Tobi, too)! Glad you were able to find a newer set of wheels that meet your needs! Remember that there are some checklists in these forums for picking up your new ride. And, here's a link to a number of online checklists (different kinds).

Need An RV Checklist?... Here Are All The Best Checklists For RVers | The Fun Times Guide to RVing

Good luck on those first trips and getting the kinks out!
Old 08-26-2014, 08:53 AM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thumbs up

Thanks for the link. These are some good guidelines. I'll put them to good use. We are looking forward to the long weekend to get acquainted with our first RV.
Larry, Randa & Toby
Old 08-26-2014, 11:01 AM   #20
KAS

Welcome! The search for the right RV is so much fun. I hope you enjoy your search.

I had a Border Collie once, great dogs. We did well together but I decided I prefer a somewhat less intelligent dog!

Tags
florida, newbie, newbies