Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #1

Newbies in Ohio-- Kind of intimidated

We just got the Class C Four Winds in Nov. and haven't even taken it out yet. Waiting until spring to take cover off. This is all pretty intimidating and the info. is incredible. Can spend ours trying to learn from you all and is very helpful. Looking at warranties. So much has been written and discussed pros and cons. However, I don't know how to turn a wrench-- feel much more comfortable on the rugby pitch or roaming centerfield back in the day. Therefore, researching and talking to people and researching some more. Thanks for all the good tips and hopefully we can meet some of you and become acquainted at some of the campgrounds.
khamsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi and
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #3

Welcome!!!
Mooseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Howdy and welcome!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
We all started at zero and learned from others and forums like this one,especially this one. Ask lots of questions' use the search window for info on previous posts. Have fun.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:34 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome

Welcome
After a few trips you'll get over the newness of it all and have a great time! It isn't that hard really and with the great resource here you can get your questions answered. Spring isn't that far off
I'm sure you have some questions about your rig and how to use it so just go ahead and ask. We were all new to this once and like helping people get the most out of RVing.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:07 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
There is a lot of systems that are most likely new to you if this is your first RV so here is my suggestion. Pull the cover back so you can get in and pick one thing one system and learn about it. For example in my new MH the driver's seat will spin completely around to face backwards. Simple! Only took me 2 days to figure out how to do it and had to ask on the forum after a full days of attempts before I had success. (Sad but true) Next I tackle the satellite system. DW said she would handle setting clock on microwave. Enjoy the RV and use the forum!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:10 AM   #8

kham, camp at home a few nights...do not go in the house for any reason...keep a note pad handy for the things you need, jot them down. This way you realize what you need in the RV and get to toy with everything as you spend time inside using
Old 02-19-2013, 02:27 AM   #9

Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
Welcome!! I am new around this group but Want to say HOWDY to another Ohio camper. I live only about 30 minutes from you. I am at the Akron, Springfield line.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:23 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome to the site. It'll all become second nature to you as it has to us. Just be patient and ask for help if you need it. Enjoy and have fun.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:23 AM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome and glad to meet you. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it quickly.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:27 AM   #12

Welcome to Ohio...wait that came out wrong. Welcome to the forums. I'm new here also and we haven't even bought our MH yet but the people in here are more than cordial and have a wealth of great knowledge. I hope you enjoy your stay here.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:30 AM   #13
Community Administrator

Welcome to IRV2. Glad you're here.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:34 AM   #14

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome! DH and I camp quite a lot in Ohio and hope to see you there.

If you are a visual person, there are a lot of handy videos on YouTube available to help you. I was on overload by the time our walk-through ended and remembered little. I would bring my laptop out to the rig and practice following the sequences of various setups such as putting out our manual awning and attaching the sewer hose.

Tags
newbies