Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2021, 03:12 PM   #1

Newbies looking for input

My husband and I purchased a 2018 Minnie Winnie and are excited to get going. Family obligations have put a bit of a damper on our plans for a first trip.
We do plan to go close and believe we have most of what we need, however, we were advised to get a water pressure regulator. We are delving though the books and notes from the previous owner and want to ensure we purchase the correct one for the appropriate PSI. Anyone have any recommendations, suggestions and or just plain ole good advice?
Thank you everyone and safe, fun travels!
CDCutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2021, 03:15 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Congrats on the new rig! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

I like the Fairview pressure regulator. It's set at 55PSI and does not restrict the flow! Just Google it if you're interested.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 04:41 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new rig. We use the RVGuard regulator (on AMazon for $27 or so). You set the pressure on it and can adjust it if you want. We keep our at 50 PSI or so.

You are joining a good group friends here with good information to share. Read the various threads here and ask questions as they come up or add information if you can.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 04:42 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome !!
There are many good folks here to offer help and advice, glad you could join the party
Safe Travels!!
https://enjoying-life.net
Spdracr39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 04:40 AM   #5

Congrats on your new rig

Take your time,slow and easy.
PABO05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 07:39 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCutter View Post
My husband and I purchased a 2018 Minnie Winnie and are excited to get going. Family obligations have put a bit of a damper on our plans for a first trip.
We do plan to go close and believe we have most of what we need, however, we were advised to get a water pressure regulator. We are delving though the books and notes from the previous owner and want to ensure we purchase the correct one for the appropriate PSI. Anyone have any recommendations, suggestions and or just plain ole good advice?
Thank you everyone and safe, fun travels!
First thing welcome to the group from Mayport, Naval Station, for now.
Now as far as water pressure regulator, here is a link to the RV Filter Store, they have everything you need for your rig.

https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/r...r-filter-store

You can start there and get a good ideal of what to get for different things.
We have a water softener, and 3 filters before our regulator.

Also consider adding information about your rig in your signature line so others will always know what rig you have and are asking questions about.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 09:13 AM   #7

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
CDCutter-

Welcome to iRV2!

I'm with Joe ("MSHappyCampers") on this. If you are going to have just one water pressure regulator, choose the Fairview 55 psi unit (link here). I have one, and use it in concert with a Watts 263A adjustable unit in a somewhat more-complicated-than-usual filter system. Unlike other fixed-pressure units I have tried, the Fairview does not impede the flow by a noticeable amount.

Also, you should add a "signature" to your profile. It contains whatever info you want; most people put info about their coach there, so they don't have to type it into each message. Instructions for adding a signature are here.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 09:32 AM   #8

hamm2018
Thank you for the suggestions, regarding my question, the group and posting.
Working our way through this.

On another note, presume your are part of the Navy family? We are looking forward to finding more groups of active and retired military and seeing many of the installations we have not frequented in the past!

Thanks again, safe travels and be blessed!
CDCutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, newbies