Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #1

Not on the road yet but Soon!

Hi everyone, my husband and I have been talking about full timing when we retire for about 5 years now. Our plan was for us to take early retirement when my yougest graduates from high school and starts college. That will be in 2014. In the meantime I was diagnosed with some medical problems and am now on disability. We are still planning to travel but are now planning to bring my mother in law with us. She is still quite young and is much healthier than I am. We have the tow vehicle, and have a small travel trailer, a keystone outback 23 rs. It is 27ft when the rear bed is out. It may sound small for 3 people, but we have all been camping for years and have taken dozens of cruises together usually with my daughter included. We even used to camp for a week or more in a tiny pop up with my son and his girlfriend. That made 6 of us in a pop up that was less than 17 ft when fully open. Now I know what you're thinking-camping is different than living full time in a travel trailer. I agree, but until we know for sure if I can handle it with my disabilities, and that mom in law wants to keep doing it, we don't want to invest in a big bunk house that we may be stuck trying to get rid of if it doesn't work. And yes, my mother in law has lived with us in the past. And, she and I get along great. She has really been a huge help since I got sick. Anyway, back to our travel trailer, it has tons of storage, and with our bed in the back with the curtain for privacy, and her bed in the front with a curtain for privacy, it feels like a lot of room. Both she and my husband are very active and physical people so I feel they will spend most of their time outdoors, and I love being outside whenever possible. I personally can't wait to get on the road, as the Florida heat really drains me. Hope to see you all out on the trails
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Howdy and welcome! Sounds like a good idea to start out with your existing TT and see how it goes. Good luck, and enjoy the adventure.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
All I can say is good luck, as somebody who is pretty new to this also I am absolutely shocked at the number of people who full time or are considering it.
Also welcome to irv2.
Benicia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicia Tom
All I can say is good luck, as somebody who is pretty new to this also I am absolutely shocked at the number of people who full time or are considering it.
Also welcome to irv2.
"Shocked". Really? Lord of the Flies was shocking - the lost boys and Peter Pan - not so much. Tick tock! .

And welcome!!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote