Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2010, 09:54 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ohio newbie, Great Forum!!!!!

I joined on the 26th to ask a question about a problem I was having. I have to say thanks to the member named DriVer as he responded with the info I was looking for and I fixed the problem using the info he gave me. I have to say I am impressed with this forum.

Now a little about DW and I. My name is Bob and DW's name is Lynne, we started RVing in 2003 by buying a 2003 Coachmen class C 31' motorhome and fell in love with Rving so in 2007 we stepped up to a 2007 Fleetwood 34' class A. We needed more room and more storage capacity since we travel with 3 dogs. A male Shih Zsu named Beau, a female Shih Zsu named Lacy and a male Yorkie named Sampson. We bought the motorhomes so we could travel with them. Since leaving them at home meant we were staying home.

We are both still employed so trips are limited to a couple of weeks a year and some weekends and a few car shows since we are also into Corvettes and currently have a 1967 and an 1980. We plan on retiring in about 10 years and traveling around this beautiful country.

Again, I am impressed with this forum and will most certainly stick around.

Bob
doubleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2010, 10:16 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Bob

Welcome!!
We did the same as you. Started with a "C" class and because of the dogs moved up to a 36ft DP. National RV Tradewinds.

I was born and raised in Springfield and attended High School in Lebanon before the Navy took me to Cal.

Ohio was a great place to grow up and I have many fond memories of the old home.

Dick
Old 05-30-2010, 06:37 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
G'morning doubleB:

Welcome to the gang. We've been on the road since 05 after selling house and ALL our "stuff" (except the three CATS!!), and gotta tell ya....it's a HOOT!! How long until ya can retire? Any thoughts of going "full time" somewhere down the road?? It's an amazing and freeing feeling once ya get rid of all the stuff that own YOU. Again, WELCOME.

Steve & Lynette
Old 05-30-2010, 07:24 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Bob, glad to have you join the forum. We always try to get someone with a problem steered the right direction. With an RV you may think that you are the only one out there with a specific problem, but usually someone has had the problem and is glad to help you solve the problems.

Hope to see you back often.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:00 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Hello fellow Buckeye. Welcome to iRV2. We're glad to have you here.

When you have time, check out the North Central & Pond Piggie Forums for local campouts. We'd love to have you join any of us at anytime.

Safe travels & hope to meet up with you sometime.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:08 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome Bob,
When you get down to the Gulf Coast on one of those vacations, stop by and say hello.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hello everybody,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Dick,

I was born and raised in Ohio also and except for 6 years in Roanoke Va I've lived in Ohio all my life. As I get older it gets tougher dealing with the winters. I am longing for the time when I can at least spend the winters were it is warm.

Chickadee,

We have about ten years till retirement. We have talked about Full Timing and will probably start as snowbirds. At times I think it would be a relief to sell everything and hit the road when we retire but we both like the security that comes with having a permanent place to come back to. I guess we have time to decide.

Lori,

I will check out the forums you mentioned. We are in Pickerington(Columbus) do you go to any local campgrounds to Columbus?

historyljc,

We go to Camping on the Gulf in Destin and are planning on going in Sept, maybe sooner. Were on the Gulf coast are you?

Bob

Old 06-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bob,

If you ever go west towards the IN state line check out Arrowhead Campground...
Old 06-01-2010, 09:37 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleB View Post
...do you go to any local campgrounds to Columbus?
Yes we do. For close to Columbus, we like Alum Creek State Park, Delaware State Park, Deer Creek State Park & Cross Creek Camping Resort. Although we haven't been to Alum Creek since we had our 5th wheel (2005) - the sites there are geared more towards smaller rv's & I don't think our coach would fit in what was our favorite site there. One we haven't been to yet is Cardinal Center Campground. I've passed it dozens of times headed north on I-71 & can see it from the freeway, but have never stopped by to check it out. I will, someday.

Within 1-1.5hrs drive, we like Mohican State Park, Whispering Hills RV Park, Dillon State Park, Buckeye Lake KOA, Logan/Hocking Hills KOA & Lake Loramie State Park.

Most of these I've got pics of in my photos albums here. Just click on the link in my signature to go see them.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome to the friendliest RV site on the web.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote