Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2007, 04:24 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Called them today w/a basic question. Got odd responses. Asked for Vanessa but, they didn't know who they were. By the way,the young lady on the phone said that Doran also is a coin (something). Means they make tokens etc. Not sure how that works together, neither did the lady who I was speaking with.

Pressure Pro or whoever needs to clear up what the heck is going on. It is easy to perceive PP as a fly by night company.

Shielding consumers from contracts which used to be behind the scenes is not a good strategy any longer.

I suppose I'm upset because I thought I was talking to the manufacturer, i.e. Doran Mfg. (#1 on a search in google, which is how many of us find information). I understand that the information was available if I was willing to sift through the posts and differing points of view.

Shouldn't be necessary.

I think I just broke my leg falling off of my soap box.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2007, 05:11 PM   #16

Scott,

I think you called the wrong number. Vanessa is the daughter of Phil Zaroor, President of Advantage PressurePro. Sometimes she even answers the phone at the Advantage PressurePro home office.

We have been using and selling PressurePro for almost 4 years. Advantage PressurePro is not a "fly by night" company. Please call them and they will be able to answer any questions you have. Their number is 800-959-3505. Or, you can PM Vanessa on this forum.

If I can answer any questions, please let me know.

Pat McFall

850-294-0281
Tetoner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:15 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Pat & Vanessa,

My apologies. My writing was not very clear. The message was not intended to come across as so critical.

I was trying to call the manufacturer of my Pressure Pro system. I did a google search and got Doran Mfg. as the #1 item. My search query was "Pressure Pro Manufacturer". Advantage Pressure Pro doesn't show up on the first page. Doran "Manufacturing" does.

I got the impression that Doran was the manufacturer and the lady who answered didn't make an attempt to correct my impression. I had a specific question and she sent me to Haltec for accessories.

I know that this forum has a thread w/the correct information. I didn't think it necessary to do a search and dig it out. My manuals are in the coach.

I wrote that I was "upset". Not a good word. I am a happy customer so far. I was trying to convey that trying to get to the manufacturer for support via the web could have been easier/clearer. Having talked to Doran and feeling that I had been somewhat mislead, one could be drawn to think that there isn't a legitimate company behind the scenes.

With all the happy customers Advantage Pressure Pro has (including me), they are obviously a sound company. Your presence on this forum only reinforces that factg.

So after all this writing, I guess I was whining about not being able to quickly get to you guys via the web, more speicifically google.

My apologies again.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:28 AM   #18

Scott,

No apologies needed for me. A lot of people got the impression that Doran was the manufacturer.

If I can answer any questions or assist you in anyway, please let me know.

Safe Travels,

Pat

850-294-0281
Old 12-14-2007, 06:32 AM   #19

I apologize for my absence from this page! Apparently I don't have my notifications up properly to be alerted for this one.

Let me clarify the difference between Advantage PressurePro and Doran PressurePro. First, ADVANTAGE PRESSUREPRO IS CORPORATE, WE ARE THE DEVELOPERS AND OWNERS OF PRESSUREPRO AND ALL PRESSUREPRO TECHNOLOGY. Doran Manufacturing was one of our original distributors and we agreed to let them re-brand the monitors until this led to confusion, when we pulled back that rebranding. As of recently PressurePro and Doran have decided to go in different directions.

I apologize that Doran led you to believe that they were the parent company, I have a lot of customers that report the same to me. This should cease shortly.

If anyone should need help or support with their PressurePro Systems they have several options. First, the dealer or distributor that you purchased your system from should be more than happy to help you with anything, second, you can feel free to ask the McFalls or myself on this forum, or you can contact us at corporate direct. We have an open line of communication policy at PressurePro. Everyone answers the phones, we don't use automated machines. In fact, OpaRun, Phil Zaroor that answered your questions and whom many of you reach on the phones when calling in, is PressurePro's CEO and President.

Hope this clears everything up!

Advantage PressurePro
PressurePro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:09 AM   #20

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by PressurePro:
or you can contact us at corporate direct. We have an open line of communication policy at PressurePro.
Good option here. Two days ago I called Advantage because my (Doran) control unit was acting up. The tech said he would send out a new one ASAP.

Kewl.
Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:58 PM   #21

Attention: I am ready to buy.

Nice to see a mfg that shows themselves - this made my buying decision simple - thank you

My question is where to buy - direct?, L&S Saftey?, Others

I have a Ford F-350 Crew pulling a 30 ft 5th wheel and think I just need the "Truck/Trailer Monitor with 4 sensors(for the 5th) and about $400.

Comments......

Happy New Year to all
Old 12-27-2007, 03:30 AM   #22

Keith,

I will PM you.

Pat

850-294-0281
Old 01-02-2008, 06:45 AM   #23

Just wanted to log on this morning and say that everyone at PressurePro hopes everyone had a great New Years! Here's to giving you peace-of-mind in 2008!

Advantage PressurePro
PressurePro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:30 AM   #24

Vanessa – Glad you're on IRV2. Welcome.

What's the straight story on using Pressure Pros on towed cars, i.e. toads?

We've heard there can be problems with the PPs distorting a toad's rubber valve stems rotating at highway speeds. We've had your product on our '01 Mountain Air and now on our '08 without a problem using metal extenders and rubber inserts on the Alcoa wheels, love 'em, but now want to add them on our towed 07 Ford Edge with pretty long rubber stems and can't figure a way to swap them for metal.

Your comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

08 Newmar Mountain Aire 4523
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:19 AM   #25

Does anyone know if having a TPMS gives you a discount on your insurance? I will give my company a call but I thought I would ask hear first. Thanks

2005 Honda Element
bjbkkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:03 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally posted by bjbkkb:
Does anyone know if having a TPMS gives you a discount on your insurance? I will give my company a call but I thought I would ask hear first. Thanks
I doubt that the TPMS will qualify for a discount but your insurance company can answer that question better than anyone.

Pat

850-294-0281
Old 01-05-2008, 01:31 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally posted by Radioman:
Vanessa – Glad you're on IRV2. Welcome.

What's the straight story on using Pressure Pros on towed cars, i.e. toads?

We've heard there can be problems with the PPs distorting a toad's rubber valve stems rotating at highway speeds. We've had your product on our '01 Mountain Air and now on our '08 without a problem using metal extenders and rubber inserts on the Alcoa wheels, love 'em, but now want to add them on our towed 07 Ford Edge with pretty long rubber stems and can't figure a way to swap them for metal.

Your comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Radioman,

I don't know if Vanessa monitors the forum on the weekend so I thought I would respond to your post.

We have lots of customers with toads and most all of them have rubber valve stems. So far, we haven't had any "reported" problems. We personally have used the PressurePro sensors on two different Honda CRV's with rubber stems and didn't have a problem. We recently purchased new tires for our 05 CRV and took the opportunity to replace the rubber stems with metal.

You did mention that your rubber stems are "long". This is what our manual says about rubber valve stems and I quote: "Replacing rubber valve stems (especially long ones) with metal valve stems is strongly recommended."

I hope this answers your question.

73's

Pat
N4ODT

850-294-0281
Old 01-05-2008, 04:34 AM   #28

Pat -

Thanks for taking time to answer. Are you or any of your associates going to be at the Tampa RV Supershow coming up? If so perhaps we could talk about this then.

08 Newmar Mountain Aire 4523
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote