Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
JDG

Winnebago Owners Club
RV Shocks

First time ower of a Motorhome. Purchased a 2001 Itasca 35 ft. Would like to make it a smoother ride. Any suggestion... shocks, type, airbags?
JDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Which chassis do you have. If Ford then search on the Ford Chassis forum. Lots of information there especially on shocks. Keep in mind that the gassers are never going to ride like a car. Will always be a big truck.

That said, there is several improvements that can be done. The first and easiest is to have it weighed and adjust tire pressure to recommended PSI. Most new owners inflate with too much pressure. What does it ride like now.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I beg to differ, I have a 06 Allegro 35ft on W22 chassis and it rides better than some cars I have ridden in. It rides better than my last coach, 94freightliner chassis. I would recommend the koni shocks. May be more expensive but well worth it.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:05 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You may be right, I have had both Ford and WH chassis motorhomes and the WH had a much better ride.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:02 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

A SEARCH on "shocks " or "shock absorber" will find numerous previous discussions on this topic.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Go to "shockwarehouse.com", very good specs on all models etc. I just installed Bilestine's on my W22, and they feel great at 1/3 the cost of others.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:05 AM   #7
JDG

Winnebago Owners Club
On a good road it has a fairly smooth ride. We went down to LA last weekend and their roads were like riding on cobblestone, and the coach bounced around a lot.
JDG is offline   Reply With Quote