Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have very close friends that are part of the L, G, B, and T lifestyle. Some love camping and some really do not like it. It's just like the straights we know...camping and the RV life is not for everyone, but for those of us who do like it, we are generally an accepting bunch.

We asked, and none of our friends who do camp had ever had a bad experience based on their sexual preference.

One couple offered that there are clubs for the like minded...
See: Gay and Lesbian RV and Camping Club | RainbowRV.com

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #44

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Not too much to add to the discussion except Welcome to iRV2. Do your homework on picking an RV. Live the Golden Rule and life will be good! See you in a campground somewhere.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #45

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Welcome.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:52 PM   #46
MPH

Like Michael, I read various posts off and on for a while before deciding to register and jump in on iRV2. It was an easy decision once I ran across this thread. I was so moved by the upbeat, compassionate and heartfelt responses to Michael's original post that joining this group was an easy decision. You all sound like "my kind of people!"

My partner of 19 years and I have been avid campers/RVers for all that time. We started with tents, graduated to pup-ups, then TTs and now have decided to purchase our first MH (class C) in the spring of 2015. My DW (we married in NM last year -- we figured after 18 years we were pretty much committed!) will retire in Dec. 2015. I'm a little behind her, but we've decided to plunge ahead and go for full-timing, at least for one year. We want to see the country!

DW is a chaplain by profession and is truly beloved by all she works with and by those she ministers to in hospice care. Knowing her, she will miss that ministry. I told her that we will meet lots of folks on the road who would love to talk with a chaplain from time to time! We'll see how "retired" she really gets!

Didn't mean to get so long-winded here ... just wanted to jump in and tell everyone how much your posts blessed me. I look forward to meeting some of you here and there on the road! Truly.

Melanie "Mel"
Old 08-17-2014, 11:02 PM   #47

Solo Rvers Club

Glad you're aboard Melanie. Best of luck in your search for the new C in 2015. Enjoy your adventures and be safe.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
Old 08-17-2014, 11:24 PM   #48
MPH

Thanks so much, Diesel!
Old 08-18-2014, 12:04 AM   #49

Carolina Campers
I joined a RV club in NC. I thought that the folks were friendly. As we came to know them, they made it clear that if they liked someone, they treated them nice. If they didn't like someone, they made them very uncomfortable. We ended our relationship with that RV club because of that. It is still a common thing in the south to find bigotry and racist attitudes. This was very difficult for me as I grew up in CA. Regardless, even here you will find many people more people that have tossed out that type of narrow minded bigoted attitude and are embracing a more accepting mindset.

Enjoy life and make your own memories come true.

Ted
Old 08-18-2014, 07:09 AM   #50

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My position on Same Sex Couples....

As long as I'm not one half of the couple it's none of my business.

Now my opinion of mixed sex couples (male/Female)

As long as I'm not one half of the couple it's none of my business.

Does that cover it?.. Welcome to the forum.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:17 AM   #51
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Michael! Welcome to IRV2! Hope you find the right rig for your needs!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
Old 08-18-2014, 07:22 AM   #52
MPH

Thanks so much, Ted & Wa8. Really appreciate the welcome.

Mel
Old 08-18-2014, 07:53 AM   #53

SS or not, good folks are good folks in my mind.

I think you will see more judgement (in camping sites or at the camp ground) if you:

Over load your TV
Have too much/too little tongue weight
Run a generator past quiet time
Drive too fast
Drive too slow
or (God forbid) have the wrong amount of pressure in your tires!!

Oh...and welcome to the group!
Old 08-18-2014, 07:54 AM   #54

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club

Welcome aboard Mel!

Enjoy and keep us posted!!

Old 08-18-2014, 08:18 AM   #55

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
I joined a RV club in NC. I thought that the folks were friendly. As we came to know them, they made it clear that if they liked someone, they treated them nice. If they didn't like someone, they made them very uncomfortable. We ended our relationship with that RV club because of that. It is still a common thing in the south to find bigotry and racist attitudes. This was very difficult for me as I grew up in CA. Regardless, even here you will find many people more people that have tossed out that type of narrow minded bigoted attitude and are embracing a more accepting mindset.

Enjoy life and make your own memories come true.

Ted
That kind of response to ones belief system is what keeps some from,getting along with those who practice same sex what ever.If they don't call you name's why do you call them names,to many time's we throw those word's around to quickly.I have on both sides those that practice the same as you and I still love them and socialize.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:41 AM   #56

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
It is still a common thing in the south to find bigotry and racist attitudes
I have lived all over the US and some overseas locations and it is "still a common thing" to find bigotry and racist attitudes ANYWHERE there are people ...and I found the locals in California, Seattle, New York, Guam, Denmark, Saudi Arabia and countless other places to be NO different than those in "the South." Sometimes Northerners are worse than Southerners! People will be people. If I find people who make me uncomfortable with their attitudes/behavior/etc I simply don't frequent their company. I don't dis' 'em, or pick a fight with them, or particularly shun them. If someone gets in my face I may return in kind IF safety and/or welfare is involved. Otherwise it isn't worth my time. Live and let live works for me. There are way more friendly and open people in the world ...in every part of the world ... ...and especially in the rv'ing community ...than otherwise.
Closed Thread

Tags
california, newbie