Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2014, 10:29 PM   #71
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
Actually he made being gay/same sex an issue
if you want to enjoy the rv lifestyle, dont start it out making an issue that is most likely not an issue, to a good number of folks
in all my years i have only run across a scant few of the gay lifestyle, i don't remember it being an issue, as much as the gay persons did making sure, we knew they were what they were?
My salute to you, Powerboatr. My granddad was Navy and my dad was Navy. Grandad in WW I, Dad in WW II. Dad served over 5 years. He was always ready to trade stories with other sailors. He loved being at sea and served on 3 different ships. He was very proud of his Navy service and when he died, he had a U.S. Naval contingent at the cemetery. They presented a flag to my mom. It is now folded and encased in a special wood and glass display box, along with his medals, insignia and campaign ribbons. On his tombstone is a bronze US Navy shield. He was a terrific guy and my hero.

Please accept my sincere thanks for your years of service.

Mel
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2014, 11:40 PM   #72

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
Actually he made being gay/same sex an issue
if you want to enjoy the rv lifestyle, dont start it out making an issue that is most likely not an issue, to a good number of folks
in all my years i have only run across a scant few of the gay lifestyle, i don't remember it being an issue, as much as the gay persons did making sure, we knew they were what they were?
I asked my aunt when she was about 65 and had been without her partner for quite a few years - why do you always make sure when meeting new folks - to make sure they know you are gay (and as I have said here and elsewhere - it was never an issue for me). She replied - the assumption is that I am am not gay - and I want to save them the trouble of trying to fix me up with their nephew / cousin / brother. And ya never know - they might just have a nice niece / cousin / sister to introduce...

I thought that was an excellent reason to share something about herself that really had no impact on anyone else. And it put the telling in her perspective. Like most things other people do - it's about them - not me or you.

Tip 'O the hat for serving. I enjoyed my Air Force days as much as any. But Annie and I are really looking forward to retirement in October and hitting the road full time. Can't wait to meet all kinds of new people! Probably wouldn't go if we were all the same.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:10 AM   #73

I have never had an issue with anyone saying anything to me or John, they are either nice as can be or keep to themselves. We have also never made it a point to point out we are a couple. People either assume it, don't care or are oblivious which is fine with me. In todays age it's not a big deal, no one really cares nor do they want to seem politically incorrect.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:47 AM   #74

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Under the heading of (Files) is a check off list for purchasing an RV or MH. Print it off when you go to purchase so you don't miss anything. Most of the posts I see say to pick a floor plan that works for you. Then look at brand and DP or gas.

If you are both tall or bigger make sure to step into the shower to see if your shoulders fit. This is a problem for my husband and me both. Taking pets, consider their space.

Most say you will load the RV or MH and then the following year reduce what you take. Weigh what you take inside so you know what your total weight is when loaded.

There is nothing better than being outside and having a different view often.

As far as the same sex situation. Not all people will agree with your lifestyle but will respect your choice as long as you respect theirs. The older generation (as stated) sometimes have reservations (not due to prejudices) but because they have lived a very reserved lifestyle and this is SO different from their normal. Do not be put off by this, they need time and some will never be comfortable with it. It is just more than they can settle in their minds.

You two will love this lifestyle. The only limits are your imagination and pocket book. Have a great time! Lynne
Old 08-24-2014, 11:46 AM   #75

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Someone commented that we do not see many questions about it because perhaps it's not an issue.

I should clarify my "Not my business" position a bit, I left out something above. (I simply assumed the couple were both consenting adults).

When it comes to children.. Well.. Children should perhaps not be sexual active (And again same/mixed does not matter to this).

One thing I do beileve, as I said before,, It appears the position of this forum is welcoming.. But not all share my opinions.. I know most churches do not share my position and some of those (I am thinking of one in particular which has been seriously inflitrated by the Devil, and yes, this is a Claims to be Christian church, I will not name it).

I would think a "non-Traditional" partnership might need to be a bit more cautious when choosing a parking spot.. Example.. Wife and I first came to the area where I am now 3 years ago. We checked out several campgrounds. Now we were a traditional couple (Came down for our daughter's traditional wedding in fact) and one of the Campgrounds we checked out.... Let's just say I did not want to park there... This is not a same/mixed sex issue, it is based on the appearance of the campers (Both RVs and Occupants thereof) they did not look like good neighbors. (They looked like things might go missing in the night, or worse) and a lot of times those types of folks can be seriously Bigitoed as well.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:34 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
And what's interesting is that this discussion - as well intentioned and well meaning as any one on either side of the belief system might be... we are walking the fine line of acceptable discourse on the forum. I for one wish there were no need to discuss or ask the question - will I be accepted by the RV or any other community. Somewhere along the way we have determined that freedom of speech means we care what "you" think or should.

Everybody sing - why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends..?

god that is so sad fro me

giving what i did for a living making and doing floats i know said pic was at a parade

looks like st petersburg FL 4th and 1th street

this is so sad for me LOL
Old 08-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #77

Carolina Campers
Same-sex couple from California & newbie question

Let me say that I am glad as an agnostic and that I simply accept my neighbor as they are and treat them with respect and dignity, just like I would expect them to treat me. There are no concerns to me if they are LGBT, black, white, Indian or anything else. I don't even care if they are religious or an atheist...

Now on the other hand, if you don't have an auxiliary braking system on your toad.... I don't want you to be tailgating me.... LOL

Ted
Old 08-24-2014, 04:16 PM   #78

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry735001 View Post
god that is so sad fro me

giving what i did for a living making and doing floats i know said pic was at a parade

looks like st petersburg FL 4th and 1th street

this is so sad for me LOL
Not sure why it sad - and perhaps my intention is misread or misunderstood. I have no idea your position and to clarify mine, as a straight - happily married man - this is my position...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1408918563003.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	71854  
Old 08-24-2014, 04:17 PM   #79
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_public View Post
What really surprised me in this thread was the overwhelmingly positive responses by other forum members. This is an affirmation of how far we've progressed as a country.

Agreed. It surprised me a bit too. What also surprises me, are the many references to "lifestyle" and "choice".

We choose to pursue the RVing lifestyle. Being gay is not something people just one day decide they'll try out. It's who they are.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 08-24-2014, 04:19 PM   #80

Carolina Campers
Same-sex couple from California & newbie question

Quote:
Not sure why it sad - and perhaps my intention is misread or misunderstood. I have no idea your position and to clarify mine, as a straight - happily married man - this is my position...

Ya, he (or she) even likes me if I rub his (or her) belly.... LOL

Ted
Old 08-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #81
Community Administrator

Here is a section of our rules that pertain to the discussion of religion.

General discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY areas of iRV2. Discussions about current or pending legislation or regulations, weapons and religion that directly pertain to RVing are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive.

Let's not go here.
Thanks

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 08-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #82

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Agreed. It surprised me a bit too. What also surprises me, are the many references to "lifestyle" and "choice".

We choose to pursue the RVing lifestyle. Being gay is not something people just one day decide they'll try out. It's who they are.

Rick

Far out man, make love not war.... Be cool.

Ted
Old 08-24-2014, 04:24 PM   #83

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Here is a section of our rules that pertain to the discussion of religion.

General discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY areas of iRV2. Discussions about current or pending legislation or regulations, weapons and religion that directly pertain to RVing are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive.

Let's not go here.
Thanks

Got it, and cool.

Ted
Old 08-24-2014, 09:44 PM   #84

Quote:

no no nothing bad at all it was just a saying on my end that is sad on me that i know where the pic was taken from

i line was work was making parade flaots for a living and its sad that i have been to all most every parade every and in sec know if it was some where i have been befor
Closed Thread

Tags
california, newbie