Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2012, 05:09 AM   #1

tecma silence plus problem

My tecma does not fill the bowl when I push the button to do so. Clicks and then very small flow. Not normal flow. Thetford says solenoid may be bad. Any easy way to check? Thanks.
Pattijr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2012, 05:13 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
they would no better than me, but it sounds like an inlet screen may be dirty. I wonder if there is a screen on the inlet to that solenoid?
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #3

Doesn't look like it. Connection appears to be just a regular hose screw on but I will make sure there is no screen washer inside hook up.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome Patti. Glad to have you on the forum. Can't help at all with your problem. Hang around, somebody will come up with an answer.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #5

Checked for screen. None on the hose nor the solenoid water hookup point. Took off solenoid and did not appear to be clogged either. Still does not allow water in the bowl after I reattached. Thanks.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #6

KZ RV Club
We have the same toilet, I believe, in our Country Coach. There is a small cupboard above the toilet where I keep bathroom supplies. The cupboard wall leaves a small space about 5" wide between the cupboard wall and the coach wall. Inside there is a small dial that adjusts how much water the toilet adds to itself with each flush. Does your toilet have anything like that? I've attached a scanned copy of the second page of the manual that someone from IRV2 sent me! PM me if you can't read it and I can email the whole thing to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SCAN0009.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	17117  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:25 AM   #7

I do have the fill level adjustment dial on the inside of the bathroom cabinet but that does no good either.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattijr
I do have the fill level adjustment dial on the inside of the bathroom cabinet but that does no good either.
Turns out it was the solenoid valve and works now. Thanks for all responses.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Hello Pattijr! Glad you got your problem worked out. Just want to welcome you to IRV2. You can see already that people on this site are always there to help. Enjoy your travels.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I have no water and a flashing red light. Manual says flashing red light means program mode. Now What do I do?
tbfirm is offline   Reply With Quote