Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #1

Time for an Intro

Gads another Montanan in Utah wanting to go home - but alas no work

So instead I'll introduce us. Peg and I both grew up on ranches in Montana and still go up there every year. I finally broke down (for reasons mentioned later) and bought an old 1985 Rockwood Class "A" for an insanely low price. I don't worry about scratching it up, I can pour a fair bit of money into it before I get close to the cost of a way newer coach and it sure is nice to go visit the family but go to bed in MY bed.

Anyway, we do a lot of scouting because both of our boys are that age and we're insufficiently reluctant. So, of course, we immediately got hooking into being scouting leaders and shortly afterwards frequent teachers of scouting leaders. I just don't tell the boys that I'm having six times as much fun this way as I did when I was a scout. I'm fairly sure that would break some "young man's" rule.

We obviously camp alot and I take the MH to most things. The kids say I'm cheating but I point out to them that when we invented dirt - back in the old days - we made it soft and comfortable. But obviously they have abused it because it is now hard and at least one of them has put rocks in it. Hence the RV ...

I'm an ex-navy, mechanical engineer type and she is a junior high school teacher (braver than me for sure). Naturally we are part-timers but we're not new to to camping (C'mon I said we were ranch kids).

I've been reading the forum here for a couple of days looking for info on the P30 chassis (I have the dread shimmy - looks like time to order from Hendersons), solar power (we prefer boondocking if possible), and the like. I've liked what I've seen and read and so decided to join the forum.

Looking forward to chatting and stuff over time, but this is long enough.

See Ya!
UtahScouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2010, 10:12 PM   #2

UtahScouter,
My hat is off to you! Not only are you a Vetern (I'm ex-Navy myself), but you are devoting time to one of the greatest organizations in this Country...Boy Scouts of America! I was a Scout in my younger days, and an ASM when my son was in Scouts. Went through Wood Badge (Eagle Patrol). You and your son's will have many wonderful times. I'm divorced, and didn't have much of a relationship with my son until I became involved with him in Scouting. Now, (he's 29) we aren't Father & Son, but best friends...all because of Boy Scouts. I can never repay the Boy Scouts for the relationship we have because of them! Keep them active, and make sure they earn their Eagle!
tickranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to iRV2. Just jump in and ask your questions.

ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:45 PM   #4

Thank you Tickranch and TXiceman. For any other Wood Badgers I'm an Antelope and Peg is a Bear. (All that evil military training and I'm prey .... Hmmmm)
UtahScouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome and thanks for your service.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote