Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2019, 07:25 AM   #1

Warm greetings from Colorado

Hi everyone! I live in Colorado (west of Denver by the foothills) and wanted to say Hello! I love the outdoors and do a lot of cycling and some offroading. I think I will find a lot of people here who appreciate and are awed by nature and love road trips.

I sold a travel trailer I had and am looking to get into a Class C. I don't want to get anything that needs constant work, and will avoid low-end mass-produced models. I am currently researching brands, gas vs. diesel, floorpans, used vs. new, etc. I am looking at Navions, Tiffin Wayfarers, and a few gas Class Cs. I am also checking out Lazy Daze though at $100-$120 new, that is the absolute upper end I can stretch to. I'll look through the forums. It is my wife, me, a soon-to-be-born baby, and an older Shih-Tzu.

I wanted to get a Class C for my biking trips as well as take the family to see national parks and other beautiful areas for our vacations. I want my child to grow up with a deep love for nature.

Anyway, I'll post questions as needed, after looking through the threads I find relevant
Chandne is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2019, 07:47 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandne View Post
Hi everyone! I live in Colorado (west of Denver by the foothills) and wanted to say Hello! I love the outdoors and do a lot of cycling and some offroading. I think I will find a lot of people here who appreciate and are awed by nature and love road trips.

I sold a travel trailer I had and am looking to get into a Class C. I don't want to get anything that needs constant work, and will avoid low-end mass-produced models. I am currently researching brands, gas vs. diesel, floorpans, used vs. new, etc. I am looking at Navions, Tiffin Wayfarers, and a few gas Class Cs. I am also checking out Lazy Daze though at $100-$120 new, that is the absolute upper end I can stretch to. I'll look through the forums. It is my wife, me, a soon-to-be-born baby, and an older Shih-Tzu.

I wanted to get a Class C for my biking trips as well as take the family to see national parks and other beautiful areas for our vacations. I want my child to grow up with a deep love for nature.

Anyway, I'll post questions as needed, after looking through the threads I find relevant
This is a family, with a great web Page, that will help with Your Dream - 1999 Cross Country Road Trip | Lolo's Extreme Cross Country RV Trips

Their Lazy Daze has continued to serve them Well - Look for something similar - A note - For the Baby you will need to have a Place for the Crib and a Good Quiet Generator - This is from my memory from over 40 years ago when we did the same thing - The C was OK for a few years but we loved our GMC - Class A - https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...24.iiJjyUt5T_Q - it served us well for almost 20 years.

Welcome - Have a feeling we may talk again as My son and 4 Granddaughters live just North of you near the Flat Irons

Plant the seed - and watch it grow - it is always fun to watch New Families get into the RV lifestyle.

------

Best of Luck,

http://www.lazydaze.com/flrplans.htm
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 10:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
This is a family, with a great web Page, that will help with Your Dream - 1999 Cross Country Road Trip | Lolo's Extreme Cross Country RV Trips

Their Lazy Daze has continued to serve them Well - Look for something similar - A note - For the Baby you will need to have a Place for the Crib and a Good Quiet Generator - This is from my memory from over 40 years ago when we did the same thing - The C was OK for a few years but we loved our GMC - Class A - https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...24.iiJjyUt5T_Q - it served us well for almost 20 years.

Welcome - Have a feeling we may talk again as My son and 4 Granddaughters live just North of you near the Flat Irons

Plant the seed - and watch it grow - it is always fun to watch New Families get into the RV lifestyle.

------

Best of Luck,

Lazy Daze - Floor Plans
Ran across this today and thought about young families - Vista 31BE

https://www.generalrv.com/product-wi...e-class-a/31be

https://www.longviewrv.com/product/n...-31be-772134-9
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 10:29 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Hope you find the perfect rig for your needs!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 10:58 AM   #5

We have been rving for well over 45 years. We started when our first son was 1 1/2 and the second was about 8 months. We are so happy to say our boys learned to love the outdoors through Boy Scouts and our trips. One is a runner and skier (Thornton, CO). The other is a backbacker, mountain biker and surfer.

We started out in a barely used 18' Terry TT. With a bathtub, which my wife insisted on for the kids! It had a dinette which made into a bed for them. Later, we had another TT, a three fifth wheels and now (just the 2 of us) in our signature motorhome.

You mentioned Lazy Daze. We had a neighbor family of six who turned one on its side in Las Vegas then drove it home! I mentioned Lazy Daze on another thread because we see so many of them on the road. Another poster said the house part of the coach is wood framed. I don't know but they seem to last a long time.

Enjoy the adventure! Safe travels!
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 05:44 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the forum. We lived in Conifer for many years and left 13 years ago for the warm weather in the Caribbean (Dominican Republic) and now splitting time between there and our RV. We started off with a Class C (Dynamax Isata 3 which is a rig you should look at)

You are joining a good group of folks here with good info to share.

Enjoy the adventure!
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
colorado

« New rver | New Guy »