Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2022, 12:07 AM   #1

Water leaking in front of frig

We are new to RVing. We have a 2001 Winnebago Journey. We set up camp yesterday and today there is a big wet spot on the carpet in front of the frig. The frig and freezers are completely dry inside. Any suggestions where the water is coming from?

Thanks for any help and expertise you can offer.
BirdNest is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2022, 05:24 AM   #2

If its near the windshield area, that would be my guess. Winnebago's (and other brands) are sometimes notorious for leaky windshields. I had a brand new Itasca Solei back in 2013, windshield leaked like crazy.

Good luck, I know its frustrating.
Lanny1763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 05:56 AM   #3

Depending on refrigerator, there could be two sources of water from the refrigerator itself:

Ice maker. Line up the back of the refrigerator to the ice maker are prone to cracking.

Condensate drain. Tube from the fins in the refrigerator section to the back/outside where it should drain.

But, it certainly could be other water lines running under the refrigerator.
Old 01-22-2022, 06:16 AM   #4

Did it rain overnight? Did you lose the fridge vent cover during your travels? I have. On a unit as old as yours.
Old 01-22-2022, 11:20 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 11:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe10 View Post
Depending on refrigerator, there could be two sources of water from the refrigerator itself:

Ice maker. Line up the back of the refrigerator to the ice maker are prone to cracking.

Condensate drain. Tube from the fins in the refrigerator section to the back/outside where it should drain.

But, it certainly could be other water lines running under the refrigerator.
YEP^^^^

Remove the lower Access/Vent for fridge and check inside the fridge outside compartment for signs of water leaking
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 12:13 PM   #7

Exact same situation for us in the last couple of weeks. Facing the front of the 4 door fridg the water was appearing on the floor to the bottom right corner and making a nice little mess.......
Ended up taking out the trough that goes across the back that the coils empty their condensation in. It's that white trough that is full of water across the back of the fridge just above the top shelf.......The drain tube is white and yes comes off as you give constant pressure and twist slightly. Then ws tried stiff wire but could only go in a few inches. Mrs. found some speaker wire that went in a very long way and then blew it out with some compressor fittings that are used for blowing up an air mattress. FREAKING DRAINS LIKE A CHAMP!!!!

Went outside to find the drain. The white rubber hose drains into a black cup looking outfit that sits right on the HOT tubing used to feed the evaporator coils. The white drain tubing has a little plug with a tiny hole in it so the water can drain but I suppose is used to keep the bugs and mud daubers from getting into the drain tubing and causing real havoc........
Anyway, cleaned all that up, put it back together and in the week or so since, not a problem from what was a daily clean-up ritual on the tile floor........Good luck
PacificaDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 03:10 PM   #8

Thank you. We suspect it’s coming from the condensation tube so will check that out.
Old 01-22-2022, 03:11 PM   #9

I’m not sure if my original response to your message was sent if it was part of the duplicate but thank you so much for your thoughts on our water leak. We will check out the condensation to which is what we suspect is happening
Old 01-22-2022, 03:16 PM   #10

Thank you so much for the information. It is going to be invaluable to us as we assess what is going on.
Old 01-22-2022, 03:48 PM   #11

No rain. We are continuing to trouble shoot �� Thanks
Old 01-22-2022, 03:49 PM   #12

Thanks. Water is leaking around the refrigerator. We will keep our eye out for around the windshield for any leaks in the future.
Old 01-22-2022, 04:01 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
My drain line was just poking out the outside access panel. Maybe previous owner did that or ???

I ended up extending it down through the storage compartment and then out the bottom to drain on the ground. It seems to work fine and no more dripping down the side of our rig.

It is surprising to see how much water comes out, so if it was plugged, I can see how it would make a mess. Maybe it isn't all evaporating like it's designed to do, and overflowing and coming out from under your fridge. Easy to check by looking in the back after taking the access panel off. If that's the problem, maybe look at extending it like I did.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 04:04 PM   #14

In some applications the water draining from the evaporator tray drains to the ground. In others it goes to a pot where it is boiled off into the air and out the roof vent for the fridge. Hope your tube is intact where it passes through the fridge wall. I've seen these tubes fall away in standard house fridges.

Tags
leak, water, water leak