As noted here
iRV2 supporting members can now add images to their signatures. Here are some step by step directions about how to do this.
First prepare an image on your computer. Images are wide but not tall and here are the maximum allowable sizes: 468 by 60 pixels or 20.0 KB (whichever is smaller). Acceptable file formats are jpgs and gifs (no animations). Here is a sample image as an example and if you need some help with these you can ask a site team member:
To load the image:
Go to your userCP and find 'Edit Signature" (left side menu)
1. Add text to your signature
2. under Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer. Locate the image on your hard drive by selecting 'browse' that you want to use in your signature. Note the size restrictions as no image will load if this is not met.
3. Click upload. Once you have uploaded the image you shoudl see it display below the signature editor.
4. Place your cursor in the location where you want your image to display in your signature (in the editor box). Click on the link to 'insert signature picture' to add it to your signature. You will see the image code appear in the editor at that location. it looks like this: [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You can click the preview signature button to check that you have your set up just right and then edit again if needed. The preview will appear above the editor.
- Sig images are wide and not tall - if you need help making an image like this we can help. but will need you to post the base images.
- Your signature will not display in posts unless you have selected that option when you make the post. There is also a setting in your user CP (options) to display your signature on posts.