Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2020, 06:34 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm on her most every night using FF, but I am running Win7!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2020, 07:53 AM   #16

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I suspect it has something to do with the security features in the newer Firefox. That is why I use it. Sometimes there are glitches, for instance, with Neatorama there are some videos and pictures that don't work but, in all, the safety and privacy is worth it. I can always go to chrome if I need to when using sites that don't work. Even chrome warns me that this is an unsecure site but it still works. No biggee. Probably the next update will fix it. Just a pain cutting and pasting all of my links back and forth to use t browsers at once.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Kahoona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:34 AM   #17

So are the administrators taking any action to correct the problem ? I only have the issue with this site. If a moderator or someone knows please respond.

Thanks
Dieselgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:16 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I don't know or I would've responded by now. I'm not an IT expert so I don't know how browser updates impact website usage. I only know updates can cause issues. I use Chrome & have no issues.

A decade ago, this site stopped playing nice with IE. So I moved to FireFox. Then a few years after that, an update by FF caused issues so I moved to Chrome. I keep several browsers on my taskbar & use whichever one will work with the website I'm using at the time.

Also, when I periodically delete cookies/clear cache & browsing history. This seems to go a long way to keeping websites I visit working smoothly.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 08:07 PM   #19
Lit

National RV Owners Club
I believe the issue is - Block pop-up windows in options. I gave irv2.com an exception, this cleared the problem for me, now I back using Firefox.
Lit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 07:19 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lit View Post
I believe the issue is - Block pop-up windows in options. I gave irv2.com an exception, this cleared the problem for me, now I back using Firefox.

I deleted firefox and reinstalled. The site worked. I updated options to block trackers, and strick cookies. These settings have always been used. Site no longer redirects. I think it is on the irv2.com side. With todays technologies, you should not be required to use any particular browser to access a site on the internet. Maybe, the site has a google affliation, in some form or fashion. And this causes other browsers to reject if something does not work for rhem.

Either way, it is a nuisance. Hope it is corrected in the near future.
Dieselgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 01:13 AM   #21

I'm using the Firefox "extended release candidate", 68.4.1esr (64 bit). The ERC versions do not immediately add all the new bells and whistles and are intended for IT departments who would *otherwise* have to deal with corporate end users when stuff broke.

I started using Firefox when Opera got flaky and never went back. When I found the ERC version my "update annoyances" went away.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:32 AM   #22
IC2

I'm running Firefox ver. 72.0.1 and everything works well, just as it has since ver. 2.0.0 many years back. The desk top Win version is Win 10 Pro, 64 bit - but even the laptop Win 7 Pro, 64 bit works just as well. I have AdBlock Plus and whatever else needs to be turned on or off to stop annoying ads and pop ups.

Use the Firefox Tools along with the three horizontal lines at the RH side of the home screen and you will probably figure it out - or as in my case, find a savvy 12 year old to help. Oh and if you also have a problem with the Forest River site, it's owned by the same company as iRV2 (as is the Montana Owner's Club and many other similar sites ---).
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 12:49 PM   #23

Ok, so can someone using firefox and having it work properly do the following.

Go into your option settings and click never remember history. Restart the browser and check the forum.

I have tried this with several different firefox browsers now using the extended and the site does not work if, "never remember history is selected.

Thank you
Old 01-21-2020, 09:48 PM   #24

If I use FF in private mode, I'll not be able to access irv2.com. After disabling private mode, I'm able to login and browse as I usually do.
Traxless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:16 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselgem View Post

Go into your option settings and click never remember history. Restart the browser and check the forum.

I have tried this with several different firefox browsers now using the extended and the site does not work if, "never remember history is selected.

Thank you

I didn't go through the changes but did open a private view window and it fails as reported by Traxless. As I don't mind keeping history for a forum I've not disabled it, so this makes me think that FF needs both history and cookies (even if they get deleted when the browser is closed) in order to function with some sites.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:22 AM   #26

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lately it is the redirect that fails. I am wondering if will happen with OTR
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Kahoona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 06:39 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahoona View Post
Lately it is the redirect that fails. I am wondering if will happen with OTR

This has been going on for weeks. Redirects don't seem to be working with FF for me either. Tried and older version and still the same.

Sure wish someone would help getting this fixed.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:41 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselgem View Post

Thank you
That would help. What version...and how they have settings set up. Admin's should be doing this but we have to help each I suppose.

Jim58

Tags
fire