Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2008, 07:11 AM   #1
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
On Monday November 24th, starting at 8:00 PM Pacific, we will be upgrading your site and services. Though the look and feel of both your Eve and your web services panel will stay the same, the upgrade will make your Eve faster and more scalable than ever.

As this is a significant upgrade please plan for the process to last up to 12 hours, during which time your site will not be accessible.

Very important note for you and your community members: This upgrade also updates the Flash Chat client. Your users will need to have the latest version of Flash installed to chat. You can check your version and/or download an update at http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

Please post any problems you may encounter in this thread.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2008, 07:11 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
On Monday November 24th, starting at 8:00 PM Pacific, we will be upgrading your site and services. Though the look and feel of both your Eve and your web services panel will stay the same, the upgrade will make your Eve faster and more scalable than ever.

As this is a significant upgrade please plan for the process to last up to 12 hours, during which time your site will not be accessible.

Very important note for you and your community members: This upgrade also updates the Flash Chat client. Your users will need to have the latest version of Flash installed to chat. You can check your version and/or download an update at http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

Please post any problems you may encounter in this thread.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:26 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I couldn't get into the Winnebago chat successfully Tue night. I could see the conversation in the room, but, could not get my entries to show.

I have the latest flash, XP, and IE7. I use ESET as my security system.

This is the 2nd week in a row where an upgrade has occurred and I can not get into the chat rooms.

Ideas??
Old 11-26-2008, 04:42 AM   #4

Appalachian Campers
Sorry you're having difficulty with the Chat Rooms, here's what we received from Groupee, our software provider, on the issue:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1) Are the users trying to connect through a firewall or from a location with IT security, such as work? Port 8080 needs to be open in order for chat to work, and often it is closed by default.

2) Are the users trying to access the chat room through a service with high latency, such as satellite? This can also affect chat performance.

It should also be noted that there does seem to be a half-second of blue screen when I accessed the chat rooms. Therefore, it may be an issue of simply waiting for the chat room to populate.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also, there is another thread running in this 'help' forum where others have had problems and shared their soloutions, perhaps some of that information will help.

I'll close this thread so any other concerns will be directed to the other thread.
Closed Thread