Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2019, 09:46 AM   #1

RV Trip Wizard
Anyone else having login problems?

Since they started consolidating the logins for RVTW and forums I've had repeated problems logging into these sites and RVTW.

If I reset my RVTW password I can then repeatedly log into RVTW but my IRV2 password becomes invalid. If I then update my IRV2 password, I can log into the ORV2 forums but my RVTW password becomes invalid. This flip flopping of failed passwords for me has been going on for at least 2 weeks now.

I had contacted support and received this advice on April 24th...
I feel your frustration. If you are still having these issues, the simplest solution is to change your RV Trip Wizard password (from within RV Trip Wizard) and then give it an hour or so, then login to iRV2, KeystoneForums.com, & CampgroundReviews.com ....all with the new password you just set for RV Trip Wizard.
I've done this many times but my problem persists. I've since sent several more messages to support over the past week but no longer get a response.

is any one else experiencing similar problems?

thanks

-Ray
Ray-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2019, 06:34 AM   #2

RV Trip Wizard
Even though support gave up on helping me with this issue (April 24th was the last time they responded!) I was finally able to solve my login problem. In case anyone else should encounter this problem I thought I'd post my solution.

The problem appears to be related to the use of special characters in the password. Although both the IRV2 and RVTW servers may accept certain special characters in a password, some special characters don't seem to propagate between their servers. At least that's my guess at what the problem is.

So if anyone else has this problem either remove any special characters from your password, or use "more common" special characters.
Ray-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 08:57 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
The last password change you make, on ANY of the Social Knowledge platform sites, that are part of the RF Life network of sites, becomes your password for ALL SK forums/sites.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:37 AM   #4

I am new here so I'm not sure if this is a problem or normal behavior, but my login seems to 'time out' after a couple hours. I can be logged in and reading, then type a reply to a post and be prompted to log in before I can post my reply.

This has happened at least twice in the 24 hours that I have been registered on this forum.
Tim-n-Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:57 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim-n-Gina View Post
I am new here so I'm not sure if this is a problem or normal behavior, but my login seems to 'time out' after a couple hours. I can be logged in and reading, then type a reply to a post and be prompted to log in before I can post my reply.

This has happened at least twice in the 24 hours that I have been registered on this forum.
It is not normal
2024 Ford Expedition
Old 05-05-2019, 09:06 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
There is no "time out" period. You have to check the Remember Me box when you log in.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 06:44 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
There is no "time out" period. You have to check the Remember Me box when you log in.

Lori-
This only saves time when logging in, saves you having to type in you ID and password.

I've never clicked "Remember me" and have rarely had a problem. When I do I usually assume either I or IRV2 is having a network problem.
2024 Ford Expedition
Old 05-06-2019, 06:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
It is not normal

I think it is happening when my PC goes into sleep or hibernate.. May be my own issue.

Thanks for the replies.
Tim-n-Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
The last password change you make, on ANY of the Social Knowledge platform sites, that are part of the RF Life network of sites, becomes your password for ALL SK forums/sites.

This is correct. I was chasing my tail before I realized what was happening. I now use the same PW for all these same RV forum websites.
glasspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 01:31 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
What is actually happening is RV Life is the pass-through that gets you logged into all RV Life sites where you have registered log in's.

Technically, you aren't logging into the individual sites. You're logging into your RV Life account at those sites.

Here's an analogy some of you may be familiar with:
For those of you that attend the weekly online Chats, think of it like accessing those. Your log in gets you into the lobby then you have access to the all the individual rooms where the chats are held. For the topic of this thread, the "lobby" would be RV Life & the "rooms" would be the individual sites...iRV2, Campground Reviews, Trip Wizard, AirForums...etc.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problem, problems