Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2015, 10:01 PM   #1

Can't post to a thread older than 435 days?

How about warning that one can't post to a thread older than "X" days before one takes the time to compose a message. Better than that, just have the thread closed so that one doesn't waste their time composing a message only to discover it can't be posted. I am sure I am not the first person to discover this limitation the hard way. Thanks and JMHO!
Falcon 2 All terrain tow bar, RVi2 brake, Towmate TM3 wireless lights
avid_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2015, 10:14 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Best way to avoid it is to look at the dates of the last posting.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Best way to avoid it is to look at the dates of the last posting.
Sure will now! Just a little dismaying to take the time to compose a response only to receive the message when going to post. Seems like a there would be a simple software solution to prevent it from ever happening to anyone else again.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:11 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

You can post to an old thread. With the thread open, scroll down to the Quick Reply area that says "warning, this thread is over XXX days old, blah blah." Type your response, then check the box indicating that you "are aware that the thread is rather old but still want to reply" and click Post Quick Reply.

It looks like this...

Old 09-23-2015, 04:52 AM   #5
Community Administrator

That's the way it's done 👍, thanks, Sarah.
That message is there to advise you of the age of the thread. We don't close threads because of age. Many times some helpful info gets added to these older threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
You can post to an old thread. With the thread open, scroll down to the Quick Reply area that says "warning, this thread is over XXX days old, blah blah." Type your response, then check the box indicating that you "are aware that the thread is rather old but still want to reply" and click Post Quick Reply.

It looks like this...

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:29 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Another good tip is, if you're going to pen a lengthy response, to type it in Notepad, MS word or some other word processing program. Then just copy/paste it in the reply.

Sometimes things just go *poof*, whether it's a transmission hiccup on my end or the other. Saved myself a lot of frustration on social networking sites by not making the actual post my one & only prose.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:38 AM   #7

Thanks for teaching me about the features of IRV2. Nice to know that the age limitation can be defeated. I agree that good old threads can continue to be provide updated useful information.

I mostly use notepad to write my responses but occasionally I don't. Been using computers since the MS-DOS days and did some beta testing for several companies. Believe you me, I have seen lots of stuff, go *poof*. The post that I was intending to make to an old thread was written in TextEdit. Still have it as I never delete anything.