Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2023, 08:43 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Can't turn off ad notification (email)

Hi admins!

First let me say a big THANK YOU for keeping this forum as great as it is.

Now, I get an email every time someone posts an ad in the Toads section of the classified section. The email is just raw HTML (not getting formatted in the email client, either Outlook or Gmail web client), with a broken link to turn off the notifications. When I try to find a subscription for this notification, I'm told I have no subscriptions.

Here's the text in the email exactly as it appears for the subscription:

To turn off subscriptions for this category, click on the following link:<br />

<br />

<a href="https://www.irv2.com/rvclassifieds/misc.php?action=subscribe&thecat=22br" target="_blank">https://www.irv2.com/rvclassifieds/m...ribe&thecat=22

<br />

That link (the target) takes me IRV2 to a page with this message:

"Script call malformed. Some actions require you to be logged in. Please verify you are logged in and try the link again. If you continue to have problems please notify your Administrator."

Something is broken, expect you'd like to know. As for me, I can't figure out how to turn off these notifications for new Toad ads (already bought one, not expecting to need another ).

Cheers,
John
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2023, 09:20 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Since this is a classified subscription and not a regular forum subscription, it won't appear in your User CP Subscriptions. You have to go to the Classifieds section and your profile to find it.

You can manage your subscriptions to the classifieds by logging into the classifieds page and then clicking on the link to "Profile" (located eighth from your left in the upper navigation bar).

Over on the left you should see your profile options. Click on the link to statistics and view your notifications. You can delete your subscription to the classifieds from this page by clicking "Unsubscribe".
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 12:22 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
Since this is a classified subscription and not a regular forum subscription, it won't appear in your User CP Subscriptions. You have to go to the Classifieds section and your profile to find it.

You can manage your subscriptions to the classifieds by logging into the classifieds page and then clicking on the link to "Profile" (located eighth from your left in the upper navigation bar).

Over on the left you should see your profile options. Click on the link to statistics and view your notifications. You can delete your subscription to the classifieds from this page by clicking "Unsubscribe".
Thanks, but when I view statistics in my profile, I don't see any notifications, just "Total Posts" "Blog" and "General Information"

Am I in the right place? When I count 8 from left in upper nav bar (there are two) it's either "More" or "community" neither of which has a profile item in the drop down
Old 05-04-2023, 02:41 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
You need to go to the Classifieds, not your member profile. The sequence is Classifieds > Profile > Statistics. Here are a few screenshots to show you where the classifieds subscriptions are found.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ClassifiedHeader.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	392142   Click image for larger version

Name:	ClassifiedProfile.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	392143  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ClassifiedUnsub.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	392144  
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 10:19 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
You can also remove Classifieds subscriptions by just going to the category to which you subscribed & click on the UNSUSCRIBE FROM CATEGORY button
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 07:50 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks! Got it finally. 50 years working in software and I couldn't figure this one out on my own. Guess I'm not as smart as I thought.

Tags
cat