Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2022, 01:44 PM   #1

EKKO Owners

Hi Y'all,

I'd like to hear from Winnebago EKKO owners, I hope to get mine in the next 3 months.

I'll start off the topics..

6 gal Cassette toilets.... how many flushes will that give me before I need to empty?
BikerMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2023, 02:06 PM   #2
SSK

I am interested in an Ekko. Noticed that there were a few items holding up delivery but there is no updates posted to this forum. Has anyone received an Ekko in 2022 and, if so, how did it work out? Seems like the roster of on-line video regulars all have had some sort of issues(s) with theirs requiring follow up trips to the shop.
Concerning.
SSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 08:08 AM   #3

We have a 22 Ekko bought in January. We did not order. We came across ours by luck that was a demo that dealer just put up for sale. We have some Warranty items we are getting taken care of (cracked side window and missing trim piece so far). Also have a couple minor chassis issues Ford has to look at (locking seatbelt and Radio Console Flash). We had a 2017 Newmar Baystar bought new, and it spent 3mo at dealer getting initial issues fixed.

So far I put our issues as normal for RV's these days (some folks have far worse issues, and RV issues these days can be for any new RV). Tracking the newer 23 Ekko's, all of the 1st year problems seem to have been addressed. Build quality is not the greatest IMO, but this seems to be getting an industry wide thing unfortunately (not excusing it just saying it). There are still delays for some in delivery (some wait 2yrs, some less, some find available used).

There is not much posting about Ekko's on irv2, but there is a FB Group with extensive posting: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ekkoownersandwannabes
Old 03-31-2023, 07:52 AM   #4

Hi Ekko owners!! We are in the process of pulling the trigger on the ordering purchase of a 2023-4 Ekko, of course it's not built yet and we're most likely looking at close to 12 months before delivery. I would like to see if anyone viewing this tread would be located not too far from me and wouldn't mind giving me a tour of his Ekko, in my area, I can't see to find one at the different Winnebago dealers. I'm based in Quebec Canada, about 30 minutes from the Derby Line, VT border crossing, I wouldn't mind traveling anywhere in northern New England to see one. Anyone out there have comments to mention about these units, I'll welcome that as well. Thanks everyone for reading me, looking forward to replies. Best, Mario.
VA2EK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 03:30 PM   #5

We have a porta potty in our ProMaster van that we've used for weekend trips, never filled up. We just got a poptop EKKO and if cassette capacity is an issue we'll get an extra cassette for boondocking/dry camping.

I just picked up our poptop EKKO Friday 3/25/23 in Phoenix AZ and drove back to Portland, OR over the weekend. It drives great, especially through the snow. More comfortable than our 2016 136" ProMaster. My wife hunted around for a long time to find a poptop EKKO and the only ones available were AZ and FL. There is a Ford recall on the Transit for the HVAC system, the windshield defroster has issues. They don't have a solution yet, it is expected by the 3rd quarter. Our understanding is that Winnebago has stopped selling Transit chasis until the recall is fixed. Three other options that we looked at are Leisure Travel Wonder RTB (long waiting list), AeonRV (long wait list), and AdvancedRV B Box (wait time and out of our price range).

There have been a few quality control issues with the EKKO:

1. The blind spot monitor is going off all the time, and sometimes not when there's a car in the blindspot. This has been an ongoing issue with the EKKO. Our '23 has a Ford system (earlier models had an aftermarket system), so I'm taking it to the local Ford dealer on Tuesday. I'll keep you posted.

2. The Truma heating ducts appear to be kinked (another common issue). The coach stayed warm on my trip home with night time temperatures below freezing, but you can't feel hot air coming out of the floor vents. The cabinet under the passenger bed is VERY hot, the cabinet under the drivers bed is ice cold. I haven't been monitoring the temperature in the outside cabinets or garage yet. The earliest I can get an appointment at a local Winny dealer is early April... I was so excited to pick up the EKKO that I let the dealer rush me through the walk through, the dealer in AZ had the coach for a month before we picked it up, and it was driven to AZ from the factory so it's frustrating that these issues weren't addressed before pickup. They were understaffed when I picked it up and weren't very capable in addressing the blind spot issue. If I had them check out the heating vents I'm sure I would have had to stay in Phoenix for multiple days.

some smaller issues

3. Propane storage cabinet lower latch not working properly

4. Can't remove dinette seat base for maintenance

5. Cabinet door gaps/rubbing: bathroom, passenger bed

6. Passenger rear shade & bug screen really tight to raise & lower because emergency window gasket loose

7. Outside cabinet door holders aren't spaced properly (Winnebago added a spacer under the latch to stop rubbing, but didn't put a spacer under the door holder, so it doesn't engage properly)

8. Where the bedroom USB plugs mounted is really wobbly, flexes in about 1.5" when you use the plug

9. Pantry cabinet doesn't latch securly, opens while driving.

10. Shower wall strap doesn't hold wall in place while driving. Any suggestions for a good way to hold the shower wall in place while driving appreciated.

11. The poptop clamps aren't adjusted tight enough so they come off while driving, the safety straps do hold down the poptop.

12. Rust spots in the sink if any water is left in it.
plndrws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 08:17 AM   #6

Thanks for the posts on issues list. I'm trying to establish a master issues list to walk-through before purchasing a rig. I'm looking for a used Ekko 22A Pop Top. Asking prices are dipping into the $130s. I went to L.M. RV in San Diego to tour a 22A and they immediately quoted $163 for a new 2024. Any updates on the one-year ownership experience will be appreciated.
Yogisurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM   #7

After one year and about 8kmi, we love our Ekko. Fun/easy to drive, can park it just about anywhere. Launches boat great. Powerful and moves right on down the road, even climbing. For our needs it works out great (but that is an individual thing). Downside was yes the early years had all sorts of issues and recalls. Most of that has been worked out by WGO now. Really big downside we ran into is that in our Denver area (SW region in general (CO, NM, TX, AZ)), Ford Dealers WILL NOT work on the Ford Transit Chassis (even under warranty) for this under 24ft rig. Yep Ford Customer Support has a list they say will, but they wont and Ford will do nothing about it. Yep Ford Truck centers might, but your gonna have to wait months to get in. This is not just a WGO or Ekko issue, it applies to any Ford based RV chassis. It would be nice if the RV manufacturers helped by applying some pressure, but they dont seem to care.