Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyWJones View Post
I think Janet H is aware of our problems, and is probably weary of hearing us complain.
My post was not clear. Janet and company have been very responsive and helpful. In no way was I being critical of their efforts to solve this problem. My intent was to point out that an apparent incompatibility with one application (Norton) on one PC out of the thousands of iRV2 users is not determinative. I've no complaint about iRV2 or any of the people who work to support it. It is superb resource, especially considering that it is free.
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2011, 05:36 PM   #16
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We are working with our new mail service to resolve these issues but it is slow going. I apologize for the various problems that some of you are having. Many members are not affected however so these reports of trouble are helpful to help us know what needs attention.

We did not anticipate any of these issues when we changed services (this was a fairly routine sort of change) and so no notice was posted. We are working with the postmaster for hotmail, aol and a few others and still exploring options for outlook users although as you point out a setting change may resolve this for some.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:02 PM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Windows XP/Google Chrome user here.
Just chiming in to say that I started having problems this morning and have reported them by E-mail to "support@irv2.com" as they were occurring.
What began as a single bad threadlink out of seven notifications has now evolved into a complete collapse of usable E-mail notifications in my inbox.

One notification in the latest batch of five contained a link that worked, unlike the others.
Trouble is, when I clicked on it, it took me to an entirely different site!
Here's that link:http://www.i= rv2.com/forums/showthr...5&goto=newpost
And here's where it took me to:
http://ryanvillopoto2.com/forums/sho...5&goto=newpost

I'm a bit nervous about being accidentally directed to sites with which I'm unfamiliar and am turning off new post notifications for the time being.
I'll keep an eye on this thread and hope that somebody will post an all-clear when things get sorted out.

Francesca
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #18

The e-mail I just received relaying Francesca's post above arrived in the correct layout. This is the first correct e-mail since the problem appeared.

This implies resolution or at least positive progress as it relates to my system's behavior.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
Old 10-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #19

IRV2 has reverted back to their old system, which is why it works again at the moment.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:43 AM   #20
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry B View Post
IRV2 has reverted back to their old system, which is why it works again at the moment.
So far no new updates - unless older messages are 'tainted' with the wrong code.

So with that said I'll go look for something new to respond
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:53 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I receive email updates daily and use Pegasus Mail reader. I do not use MS Outlook.

I have had no formatting problems.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:37 PM   #22

Gulf Streamers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
After a few days of old-style e-mail notices with links that worked, I'm back to notices with no active links.

Only the "Unsubscribe" link is active again.

Maybe someone is trying to tell me something...
HarleyWJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:21 AM   #23
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Harley;

I am with you on this one. My computer is just like yours again. It was OK for a few days but it reverted back again.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #24
IC2

I have just been going to the USER CP and looking at the latest posts to any thread that I have responded on and given up on any site fix. It hasn't happened and IT AIN'T MY COMPUTER as ever other forum I wander - no problems
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #25
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Changes made caused more problems so we reversed all changes & now we're back to no carriage returns & bad links for Outlook users. We're still trying to resolve the issues.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #26

Thanks For Sticking With it

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Changes made caused more problems so we reversed all changes & now we're back to no carriage returns & bad links for Outlook users. We're still trying to resolve the issues.

Lori-
Thanks, Lori, for all you and the others do to keep the board running. No worries on this end. I have a work-around - just find the delimiters (12 asterisks in a row) and insert a carriage return/line feed. I can do it manually or copy/paste the e-mail body into a Word document and do a find-replace-all.

I think doing a copy then paste into a Word document that is HTML formatted might clean up the bad links but can't test that because the links show up in my e-mail OK.

In any case, I look forward to the final resolution but am able to get along OK until then.

Thanks again,
Old 11-04-2011, 06:44 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Any news on a fix?

Cut & Paste works, but I find myself avoiding it.

2008 HR Endeavor (DIP) PDQ
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:51 PM   #28

Gulf Streamers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have found a workaround for Outlook 2007 that is a little easier than cut and paste. I found that adding the sender to the safe sender list will activate the links, but it doesn't persist from one e-mail to the next. The forum's sender is already in my safe sender list, but that doesn't seem to matter.

Rather than right clicking on the e-mail ,selecting junk mail, add sender to safe sender list, I just added a custom button to the tool-bar.

Now when I view an e-mail with a link that looks interesting, I just have to click my custom "Add sender to safe sender list" button and the links immediately activate. It only works for that one e-mail, and only that time, but it is easier for me than cut and paste.

I long for the good ole days...
HarleyWJones is offline   Reply With Quote