Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2021, 04:30 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
We have been trying to identify and fix issues on our end but it seems the issue is related to a new release of Firefox. Are you having the same result with other browsers?

https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/com...tes_since_890/

Right now it's working fine for me in both Firefox and Chrome. A few hours ago I was looking at an uninteractive page every few links waiting on adthrive to load.
Suburbazine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2021, 08:06 PM   #30

I'm using Firefox extended support release v78.12.0 on this machine with AdBlock Plus (set to allow "non-intrusive" ads on iRV2). Disabling the ad block increases load times to 10-20 seconds per page instead of 5 sec or less... but not to the 30+ seconds I was getting on a machine with a different version of Firefox without an advert block.
Old 07-25-2021, 04:42 AM   #31

I'm on a MacBook Pro. I use Firefox 90.0.2 with AdBlock Plus and it hangs up badly on initial loadup. I switch to Safari and it works perfectly. No other website I use has this problem other than iRV2.com. I'm not a computer guy at all but hopefully this info helps someone on your tech staff. Something changed on the iRV2.com end because it always worked flawlessly and then it started hanging up, and no other websiite but this one was affected. If youo guys need more info let me know, happy to help in any way I can.
Old 07-25-2021, 04:29 PM   #32

Just tried to log in 5x in a row... screen just froze and wouldn’t load each time...

So, issues persist...
bpu699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 06:37 PM   #33

Right now it's working great in Chrome with uBlock Origin enabled. Gets stuck when I disable it.

Doesn't work in Firefox at all, uBlock on or off. The pages hang after idling or switching tabs, a responsive script (maybe header related?) is being called after a UI refresh which is causing a full render stall. I haven't nailed down the exact culprit because Firefox is mishandling the error (get a container hang error) and Chrome doesn't seem to log it to the performance console at all.

It's only iRV2 I'm having an issue with.

The page render waterfall is kind of shocking. Those ads are not playing nicely and are responsible for nearly 75% of your total onload requests. Plus, the vast majority of them are being called in by Adthrive. Your cumulative layout shift isn't helping you much either, but Adthrive supposedly has settings controls to fix that.

https://www.webpagetest.org/video/co...16.67&end=full
Old 07-26-2021, 01:18 PM   #34

As noted in earlier posts this started a week or so ago. I am on a Mac running Mojave, mostly in Firefox which is now at 90.0.2. I am not using any other ad-blocker software plugins. Basically when you click to a new forum I get a blank page with a spinner in the middle. I typically open each forum in a new tab so I don't lose where I am on the original page.
Page load times in Chrome 92.0.4515.107 seem to be fine.
riverofcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 09:26 AM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1361 View Post
IMHO, Internet Brands was the final nail in vBulliten's coffin. Sticking with it is an exercise in futility. I do believe you are right about whats causing our problem here. This morning, viewing this thread as a guest, I had 146 ads/scripts blocked. Once I logged in, it was reduced to 9. That is a huge difference.

Not sure it makes a difference at this point. I'll ad my info too. High end newer Dell Laptop with Xeon processor w/ mem maxed out. Fiber to the house gigabit connection averaging 700-800 Mbps up and down on my wireless.

Just curious- I assume you have cable. If so, I've never heard of a system that does fiber to the house. Fiber stops at the node and continues as coax distribution to your house. It's a hybrid of sorts that combines the 2 architectures together. Thanks and sorry to curve the thread.
Old 07-27-2021, 10:52 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttin View Post

Just curious- I assume you have cable. If so, I've never heard of a system that does fiber to the house. Fiber stops at the node and continues as coax distribution to your house. It's a hybrid of sorts that combines the 2 architectures together. Thanks and sorry to curve the thread.
No cable here. Our development has a fiber infrastructure. I have a fiber connection to the side of my house. It then switches over to Cat5e to my media closet and the rest of the house. I'm limited to just a gigabit connection.
Old 07-27-2021, 07:00 PM   #37
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
OK folks - I believe we have this issue resolved. Please post up if you are still having trouble and thanks so much for the detailed info you've provided.

The underlying issue appeared to be the way mozillas recent browser updates changed the rendering of some images. We've remove the problem file format from our graphics and hope this arcane issue has been resolved.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 08:15 PM   #38

Just logged in and it seems back to it's normal self. Thanks!
Old 07-27-2021, 09:00 PM   #39
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Thank you, Janet & also the programmers who worked on it to resolve.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 10:56 PM   #40

Quote:
OK folks - I believe we have this issue resolved. Please post up if you are still having trouble and thanks so much for the detailed info you've provided.

The underlying issue appeared to be the way mozillas recent browser updates changed the rendering of some images. We've remove the problem file format from our graphics and hope this arcane issue has been resolved.
WOOT! Thank you, Janet and staff.
Old 07-27-2021, 11:33 PM   #41

Quote:

It's running flawlessly for me on all platforms.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:10 AM   #42

Weird... runs on ipad now... but having problems on my Dell...

Main webpage logs on, but hit to load a sub-forum and get the spinning wheel... Lasts for over 30 seconds, so I log into another site no issues, and then bounce back...
bpu699 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum