Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2010, 06:12 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Help posting Picasa Web Photos

HELP!!!
I know I am missing something. I just tried to insert some images in a post and all I got was a red x. I have uploaded the images to Picasa Web Albums and made the album public. In Picasa I copied the code for Link to this image, I then selected the icon on this page for Insert Image pasted what I copied into the enter URL for your image box and hit OK. I can see the code in my posting [img] URL [/img] ie

But when I post the the message I get a broken link image. I know the link is correct and public since I can paste the same image link URL using the Insert Link icon ie Picasa Web Albums - Dave and if you click on the link the image comes up.

I know about uploading the images from my computer using the manage attachment but what am I doing wrong when I try to insert the image.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2010, 06:34 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Dave,

Is the image I inserted the one you were trying to post?

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:39 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Ya now tell me how you did it???????????????
Old 04-18-2010, 06:53 PM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Here's the URL I inserted in the URL box: http://lh6.ggpht.com/_ndyuYUR3UOo/S8...2015.48.39.jpg

Since I copied this from Picasa with the http:// intact as part of the URL, I deleted the default http:// that shows up in the URL box that pops up when you click on the Insert Image icon. Once the URL above was inserted, I clicked OK and that was it.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:20 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
testing again
This one worked

another image
This one failed

Thanks I now understand the issue. I was pasting the URL for a link to the photo and not the URL of the photo. In Picasa Web when the owner is viewing their photos they have the ability to either share a link with the photo or embed the photo in a web page. However the link URL takes you to the owners public albums and then displays the picture. What you need to insert an image into a post is the URL for the actual photo. You get this by right clicking on the photo you want to insert and that clicking copy URL. This can then be put into the URL box on the Insert Image Dialog.