Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2015, 07:37 PM   #1

Help Posting pictures

Can I take a picture with my Phone and post it here on the Forum. Have a Android phone with Verizon Internet
Branson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2015, 10:02 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson View Post
Can I take a picture with my Phone and post it here on the Forum. Have a Android phone with Verizon Internet
I found this in the FAQ's -

How do I attach a file to a post?
To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.
On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.
To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.
Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.
What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?
In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.
How do I add an image to a post?
If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.
To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing [img] before the URL and [/img] after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.

Now to answer your question about getting the picture from the phone so you can post it - my suggestion is to create a free dropbox account (www.dropbox.com) on your home computer and then download the dropbox app for your phone. After taking your picture move it to the dropbox (it will show up under your share options for the picture) whatever you put in your dropbox will be available on all places - your home computer or your phone. You delete it from one place it will be deleted from the other. You can store all your pictures in your dropbox and they will be available on your home computer or tablet. When you go to post an image you would look for the photo in the dropbox folder. There are other free cloud storage apps out there but I find dropbox the easiest for me. You can even put .pdf's or other documents in to dropbox at home and they will be available on your phone. Note they reside on your home computer but won't take up storage on your phone as they will download to your phone when you click on them much like an attachment to an email.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 08:08 AM   #3

Well that was simple. The answer. Being I'll never be smart enough to add a picture😠
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:02 AM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I have an android phone and using the iRV2 app, there is an option to attach a photo from the phone's picture gallery.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:08 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Help Posting pictures

On the iPhone ( Apple ) you select this icon to post a photo ( located at the bottom of the reply to topic window.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1448557712.271373.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	112791

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 01:28 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
I have an android phone and using the iRV2 app, there is an option to attach a photo from the phone's picture gallery.
I guess I jumped in too soon trying to respond to an unanswered post . . . Never knew there was an app. Just downloaded to my android Samsung Galaxy 4 and gave it a try it is certainly easier than what I was doing. I wonder why it isn't mentioned more on the forum. I looked everywhere and did a search and still can't find any mention. Lesson learned leave questions about the forum to the forum administrator.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 01:40 PM   #7
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
As usual, there will be no charge for the assistance.

Keep in mind that the app is somewhat limited in function/features compared to the full website.

If you can't do something on the app, go to the full website.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:31 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I use the main Web site on my Galaxy phone and tablet, don't care for the app.
To post a picture on the Web site to an existing thread click on the Post Reply.
Add your comments to the post then scroll down to Manage Attachments click on it.
From the popup window click on Choose File find your picture select it then click on done.
You should now see your file link if you have more files to attach do it now if not click on upload when it's finished uploading click on Close Window
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:28 PM   #9

Following the instructions above, all I get is a LINK to the image, not the image itself. I have tried this using the attachments function and linking to images on my web server.

I want the image itself to APPEAR within the post, not just a link to the image.

This is what I get...just a link to an image if I post it using your instructions...wrapped in [img] tags.
Rich-n-Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:34 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I see your image in the above post. Are you not seeing it?

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:48 PM   #11

All I see is this:

Code:
http://rpmelvin.com/images/15-Amp_Shore_Power_01.jpg
This is in Firefox. If I use Internet Exploder, I see the photo.

I removed the photo from the above post.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:11 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
You cannot use the attachments procedure members listed to link to an offsite photo hosting site. Those instructions are for attaching photos you have stored on your computer.

If you want to attach a photo hosted on a photo hosting site, you need to click on the photo icon (the little picture of a mountain/sun inside a yellow box - says "insert image" if you hover your cursor on it) & paste the URL address of the photo from your host site into the field in the pop up.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 09:18 PM   #13

Lori, I appreciate that you are trying to help, but I have done all that. Both methods.

I have ATTACHED photos from my computer and I have LINKED to photos stored on my web server at rpmelvin.com. Neither method works in Firefox. All I see is the link, not the image.

You don't need to spend any more time on this. I was going to post a thread with good pictures about connecting 50 amp coaches to 15 amp household circuits during storage and the parts needed to do it, but it has proven to be more trouble than its worth.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:25 PM   #14
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You had it right and it did show in post #9 as mentioned by Lori until you changed it. This was the picture you posted

See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote