Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2021, 11:27 AM   #1

Help with Phantom Scrolling Issue

For several days I have encountered a problem with the page scrolling down without my doing anything. I scroll up to read a post and the page will move down to the last post in the thread (or last post on that page).

It only happens on this forum, so I don't expect it would be a setting on my MacBook. It happens no matter where I stop my pointer.

Anyone else had this issue? Any remedies?
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2021, 11:48 AM   #2

Slow loading advertising

That is probably due to the program accommodating advertising. The system tries to navigate to the next post you want to read when it opens a thread.

There seem to be two points at which the navigation occur. The first is after some advertising. The second waits for some very slow to load advertising.

This means there will be two attempts to move to that next post it assumes you want to read.

I expect slow loading advertising is the price we pay for free access. Suck it up and don't stress over it.
Persistent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 01:58 PM   #3

Right now I have to scroll back up to a post 3 to 5 times to just read a couple of paragraphs.

Does anyone know a remedy for this issue?
Old 11-24-2021, 08:13 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persistent View Post
That is probably due to the program accommodating advertising. The system tries to navigate to the next post you want to read when it opens a thread.

There seem to be two points at which the navigation occur. The first is after some advertising. The second waits for some very slow to load advertising.

This means there will be two attempts to move to that next post it assumes you want to read.

I expect slow loading advertising is the price we pay for free access. Suck it up and don't stress over it.

I came to realize I need to let the page load fully before doing anything. Problem gone.
Old 11-24-2021, 05:57 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Thanks for letting us know the solution.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 10:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldubs View Post
I came to realize I need to let the page load fully before doing anything. Problem gone.

This actually is incorrect. What I have now discovered is this problem appears to only happen when I'm not logged in. There is a ad banner across the bottom of the page. Every time it changes, the page scrolls to the bottom. When I log in that banner disappears.

Tags
scr