Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #29

I understand everything except the guns issue.

I RV. I travel with a long gun.

Both sides of the aisle support gun rights to some extent.

I need to know where I can bring my gun. What type is allowed. What rules do i need to follow as i travel around the country.

It is not an insignificant issue for people who want to travel safely and legally.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2011, 04:58 AM   #30

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandandan View Post
I understand everything except the guns issue.

I RV. I travel with a long gun.

Both sides of the aisle support gun rights to some extent.

I need to know where I can bring my gun. What type is allowed. What rules do i need to follow as i travel around the country.

It is not an insignificant issue for people who want to travel safely and legally.
The trouble is this issue starts finger pointing and leads to mis-information and then someone blames someone and the game is on.
Just like any thread, it can get way off topic for no apparent reason. This is why I support the Admin's rule... Peace... D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Old 11-26-2011, 05:32 AM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixieray53 View Post
The trouble is this issue starts finger pointing and leads to mis-information and then someone blames someone and the game is on.
Just like any thread, it can get way off topic for no apparent reason. This is why I support the Admin's rule... Peace... D
I agree.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:32 AM   #32

Those of you who are disappointed about this rule change need to step up and volunteer to become a mod. You'll find you earn that fat paycheck after babysitting the childish spats, rants, spammers, nutjobs and "I'm right and everyone else is wrong" true believers refereeing for a while.

Good move Janet.

2017 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
2011 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab 4WD
Old 11-26-2011, 06:44 AM   #33

Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree it is a good idea. The pro gun people will never be swayed and the anti gun people will never change their minds. Each person should do what they feel comfortable with and not try to force their belief on another.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:48 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Good move. I moderate a homebrew forum that had an open, talk about anything forum we finally removed due to this kind of stuff. While even I enjoyed discussing some of the political stuff it always got to be an argument. Even topics that were deleted came back as a "why did my post get deleted" then the fight started over again.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #35

National RV Owners Club
RV Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
We have known for years that political and religious discussions can never remain civil for very long. There are plenty of forms that you can comment on these two items to your hearts content. I come here for RVing.
Amen!

<Oops. Was that religious?>
Old 11-26-2011, 12:11 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
There has to be someone to play devils advocate so here I go....Instead of limiting freedom of speech why don't we designate a site within this site to discuss political views? [moderator edit] one must live and learn.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:41 PM   #37
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Excellant!!!

[moderator edit]
Old 11-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freedom of speech doesn't count here. This is a private site, privately funded. They make the rules.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #39

For those of you advocating a separate "politics" forum, I saw that attempted on another board and the experiment failed miserably. Posters who disagreed with each other on the politics forum carried it over into other areas, spreading like an out-of-control cancer to the entire board. It simply will not work.

Find somewhere else to talk politics, guns, religion and anything else divisive and unrelated to RVing.

2017 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
2011 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab 4WD
Old 11-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #40
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
For those of you advocating a separate "politics" forum, I saw that attempted on another board and the experiment failed miserably. Posters who disagreed with each other on the politics forum carried it over into other areas, spreading like an out-of-control cancer to the entire board. It simply will not work.
I agree and while we understand that some may find this change in the community rules objectionable, it's important to keep in mind that there are appropriate times and places for some kinds of discussions.

When you enter a place of business you are expected to behave in the manner laid out by the owner, when you have dinner at your aunts house there are some topics you may avoid or language you may check at the curb, when you attend a church or wedding, there are behaviors that might be considered inappropriate in those venues; yet most folks seem to be able to align their personal behavior to match those situations. The same holds true for a forum. We are an RV forum and RV related topics are the order of the day.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Old 11-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
I agree and while we understand that some may find this change in the community rules objectionable, it's important to keep in mind that there are appropriate times and places for some kinds of discussions.

When you enter a place of business you are expected to behave in the manner laid out by the owner, when you have dinner at your aunts house there are some topics you may avoid or language you may check at the curb, when you attend a church or wedding, there are behaviors that might be considered inappropriate in those venues; yet most folks seem to be able to align their personal behavior to match those situations. The same holds true for a forum. We are an RV forum and RV related topics are the order of the day.

I'm not a big fan of net nannies.

Having said that, this forum is a wealth of info. It's nice to NOT have to wade through a bunch of BS to get to the stuff that is relevant. I'm in favor of a bit of a clamp down on the topics that lead to what is imo a ton of mind numbing BS.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:14 PM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Thank you Janet. The stricter rules of this site is why I am a member and plan on remaining here. I tried other sites and just cannot tolerate the nastiness and arguing. I am here for info on RVs not politics/religon etc.
Closed Thread