Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2011, 06:29 AM   #113

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNeophytes2 View Post
It's like me saying, "At 5:32 AM the sun will rise over the California coast." Simple fact.
Oh I have to ask, did the earth change rotation direction and I didn't notice?

Plain and simple, there are places on the net to discuss whatever your desires but I choose to read discussions on rving here on iRV2. I certainly have my opinion on politics, religion, gun control, birth control and various other controls but iRV2 is not where I choose to discuss them.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2011, 06:54 AM   #114

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefJohn View Post
First thanks for your service. the "Freedom Card", too old to play games John. We can slice and dice this subject and there always will be polarization between the far-left and far-right. My point is this, we have a sizable number of RV'ers on this forum that enjoy the hobby/sport of shooting and maintaining guns and for our group to be banned from discussing/sharing information on this hobby is untenable. There are members involved in hobbies from sewing to fishing that are free to discuss their particular interest. We will have folks on both ends of the spectrum that will attempt to 'stir the pot' to provoke a response -- we need to deal with these posters on a case by case basis -- not punish the majority for the actions of a few. Provide us a sub-area under the "Hobbies..." category and we'll keep our discussions to ourselves -- if others disagree with our hobby/sport.
Thanks,
John
Well said ChiefJohn
Old 12-13-2011, 07:04 AM   #115

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
Oh I have to ask, did the earth change rotation direction and I didn't notice?

Plain and simple, there are places on the net to discuss whatever your desires but I choose to read discussions on rving here on iRV2. I certainly have my opinion on politics, religion, gun control, birth control and various other controls but iRV2 is not where I choose to discuss them.
Then, don't visit those sub-forums -- we all have a right to discuss those topics that are relative to RV'ing and our particular interest while RV'ing. I don't sew or fly model airplanes, but respect the rights of others to visit these areas and discuss their interest -- then respect RV'ing gun owners as they respect your particular interests. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:10 AM   #116

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
....we all have a right to discuss those topics that are relative to RV'ing and our particular interest while RV'ing....
With all respect, the only RIGHTS we have on a privately-owned forum are those granted to us by the owners of that forum. The First Amendment, as has been stated numerous times, doesn't apply in this case.

Rusty
Old 12-13-2011, 07:18 AM   #117

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
With all respect, the only RIGHTS we have on a privately-owned forum are those granted to us by the owners of that forum. The First Amendment, as has been stated numerous times, doesn't apply in this case.

Rusty

Who is the Private owner?
Old 12-13-2011, 07:22 AM   #118
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Social Knowledge LLC is the owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBOL View Post
From our rules;

Quote:
About the First Amendment and Your "right to free speech"
We believe in public freedom of speech but that right does not infer that others have to publish your speech. iRV2.com is not a public resource; it is privately owned and we require members to abide by our rules and by the decisions of our staff. If you post outside these guidelines your post may be edited or deleted - this does not violate your right to Free Speech.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:22 AM   #119

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBOL View Post
From the Community Rules, available at the bottom of every page on iRV2:

Quote:

Registering and participating at iRV2.com constitutes agreement to abide by these rules and to abide by the Social Knowledge Network Terms of Service (Social Knowledge is the company that owns this forum). We reserve the right to modify these rules at any time without giving prior notice.
Rusty
Old 12-13-2011, 08:53 AM   #120

Winnebago Owners Club
Rusty,
You can cite all the references that govern the use of iRV2 and use these rules to reinforce the anti-gun atmosphere that a few have imposed upon the many RV gun users of this forum.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:07 AM   #121

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Rusty,
You can cite all the references that govern the use of iRV2 and use these rules to reinforce the anti-gun atmosphere that a few have imposed upon the many RV gun users of this forum.
John,

If you're referring to my previous post #119, I cited that section of the Community Rules because it contained the following phrase that addressed a poster's question (which I even went to the trouble to quote) regarding the ownership of iRV2:

Quote:
(Social Knowledge is the company that owns this forum)

Rusty
Old 12-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #122

Now we have 4 or 5 Mods defending the Corporation, none which seem to want to work with us to find a solution to a very obvious problem.

After a year of reading threads like "what tires to buy", Are Koni shocks any good" I'm pretty bored with it. The interesting threads that make you think and have a good debate are usually closed, posts deleted or edited so the thread becomes neutral and to the Corporations liking. I don't want this board to become RVnet but I also don't want it to become the church of the Corporation either.

Working towards a solution to keep subjective forums open, interesting and educational is out of the realm of this board so you might as well just quit or give into pasteurized, homogenized and numb.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #123
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
I guess that I started all this with my post on the Bedtime Security thread the other day. I had no intention of lighting any fuses for anyone. I was simply pointing out the rules of the forum and believe the member that started the thread was unfamiliar with them. Now with that said, I will also add that I was a LEO for a huge portion of my life and am pro firearms. This site and what you wish to say on it is not a freedom of speech issue. The site is owned by an individual/corporation and as such he and the staff sets the rules. Obviously they do not, and for good reason, want discussions on guns, politics and religion. I have been reading RV forums for years and about 99 percent of the time these discussions end up in arguments or name calling. The moderators do a great job here. I have read page after page of discussions concerning firearms and the "super dooper magnum auto shooter that will kill, skin and cook the target with one shot" threads. All this macho talk does is make you look like a poser when you start that stuff. If you want to carry a gun on your person or in your RV, please take two or three, but why do you insist on telling everyone with a computer about it. That is so unnecessary and juvenile sounding. You insist on doing it? Then find a gun forum and have at it. Better yet start your own site and discuss whatever crosses your mind. The owner and the mods don't want it, and many others here don't either.
Well said.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #124
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
When I first became a member of this forum, I read the rules and agreed to abide by them. Over the years, I have seen attempts by some members to discuss topics that were deemed questionable because of these rules and appropriately noted by moderators. I have also noted some topics that were pulled by moderators because they deemed them unaccepatable because of certain rules. I, as do others, have my own beliefs on many things in life but also realize that discussions of these beliefs are subject to rules at the time/place of the discussion. I believe that without rules, society as we know it would not survive very long. There are many areas in this forum that are available to us for the discussion of a multitude of topics under rules set up by the enity that owns it and like it or not all of us either comply or move on. If you are called on a subject matter by the moderators and your discussion is deleted, it doesn't mean your "free speech rights" are being violated. The rules of "this" forum may not permit the subject matter in question and the moderators usually explain why. There have been a few instances when I've wondered/disagreed with the deleting of a subject matter by the moderators but that's life and is how the rules were interpreted. I've seen many other forums that basically have an anything goes setup and that's fine but I sure hope IRV2 never gets to that point. The rules were formulated for the good of the majority and will never please all of the members. If I were to ever get to the point where I couldn't be happy here, I would move on. Being vindictive, argumentative and not willing to accept something contrary to ones beliefs is childish and immature.
The moderators have my 100% support now and in the future.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #125
CD

Quote:
Rusty,
I don't see it as "anti gun atmosphere" but a "we don't want to go there atmosphere" about guns, politics, religion,etc. We have too many bullheaded people in this world that can't discuss some of these subjects and come to a compromise without getting into fight. I own guns and believe in the right to own and carry ( if you choose). I applaud the owner and mods for taking a stand on the childish actions of a few.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
Old 12-14-2011, 08:33 AM   #126

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post

Rusty
Well...there you have it....DRINK THE DARN KOOLAIDE and quit gripin for freedom... the "owners" will decide what rights you have and can exercise.

Welcome to the Global World as seen by "The Owners" !!!

How sad !
Closed Thread