Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2011, 09:59 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounda42 View Post
The fact that the forum continues to let this topic ride after the decision has been made shows me they do believe in freedom of speech, problem is, there are a lot of good points being made from both sides. For instance, I think any rv'er with minimal road experience has realized the necessity for a self defence "plan", at the very least. Lots of beautiful rv's out there, much of them cost more than houses do. On the road with your family and pets, or even the lone rangers, how long will it take for help to arrive if your not sure how to describe your exact location? Sorry to those of you who dont want to think about it, but , it is a reality for rv'ers everywhere. Defending the rv sounds like a relevant topic to the modern day family.
You are absolutely right! Who is going to defend you in the middle of the night within a few minutes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
If your speaking of what I think your speaking of... Don't say it... I would never & I don't think anyone should use that to protect your rv, that'll get you put in jail real fast.
Do you live in the "real" world Stepside or your own little world? Don't you see the TV reports and news about all the people getting killed everyday? If you are not prepared to defend yourself then you will become a victim and a statistic. You travel around in a high dollar RV with money in your pocket. You are a likely target for most thieves.

They just found 10 dead bodies on Long Island today.... Along with 3 here in Ft. Myers Fl... and Lord knows how many more in the USA. Please wake up before it's too late... or maybe you will get lucky and one of us "undesirables" will be there to protect you and your family....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2011, 11:00 PM   #142
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This is just a sample of how opinionated this subject is and how fast and easy things start to get off topic in this case Community Rules Change/Politics.

This post is here to let members share their opinions on the subject matter and a fairly wide range of opinions is being allowed.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 12-16-2011, 01:00 AM   #143

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Yes, I am a gun owner. I would use one if necessary to STAY ALIVE.
I was interested in information about having a gun while out in my RV. I am fulltiming it, and wanted to know the laws, and what other RVers do with their guns, etc.

I found, and read threads about the subject here on this site. I learned alot of valuable info. Being informed on EVERY subject that has ANYTHING related to RVing is my goal, as the RV is my home.

I understand that there are subjects that some people don't want to hear about. That is the way of life. I don't have a pet, won't have a pet, and don't care to read about pets, but the subject comes up frequently in various non-related threads. I just skip over that stuff to get to the info I want.

But then again, I am a Liberal, and I define that as a person who is more tolerant and more open-minded than a conservative person. And in saying that, I don't really care one way or the other what 'opinions' people have on a subject. I sift thru the info for the truth and facts that I need to help make my life easier and better.

So...tires, heaters, water pumps, Soc Sec, guns, congress, laws.....its all relevent to me if it has anything to do with me and my RV lifestyle.

Yes, some people go off the deep end and feel a need to express their 'opinions'. It happens on every forum, and in any lengthy conversation. Believe me, I know from listening to some of my customers carry on.

Guns, politics, religion......no big deal !!! Maybe someone will be camping for awhile in some place and ask if anyone knows about a friendly church that a non-resident, transient RVer could be received with open arms.

Or... where one could find a nearby shooting range, or a whatever.....who cares.

LIVE & LET LIVE....that's my motto.

And, as Thumper (the bunny) said in "Bambi"...."If you can't say somethin' nice....then don't say nothin' at all".
Old 12-16-2011, 06:48 AM   #144

Billieg, yes I'm a gum owner & ccw holder who carrys everyday. I'd never use my firearm to protect stuff. I would use it to protect human life. Break into my rv & Rob me, as long as nobody is inside. That's what insurance is for
Old 12-16-2011, 07:34 AM   #145

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank you. Much appreciated.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:43 AM   #146

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Is it me or is the discussion about not having gun discussions becoming one?
Old 12-17-2011, 07:49 AM   #147
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark
Very interesting.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 12-17-2011, 07:54 AM   #148
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
You are correct, so we need get back on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post

Old 12-17-2011, 07:57 AM   #149

Send a message via MSN to M zoll
Alway's remember treat people the way you want to be treated,
and this will help everyone. and Thanks to those who work and keep this site going. Have a Great Day
Old 12-17-2011, 08:25 AM   #150
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
This is just a sample of how opinionated this subject is and how fast and easy things start to get off topic in this case Community Rules Change/Politics.

This post is here to let members share their opinions on the subject matter and a fairly wide range of opinions is being allowed.
As moderators, I believe you have a very tough job, but someone has to make a decision in the interests of the greater majority!

I personally feel the moderators do a really good job. I follow this site to learn about a lifestyle and as a forum to make me better at something I enjoy as well as a tool to solve problems.

I realize there are all different types of people in this world, but it bugs me when people become extremely "Left Wing" when it comes to any topic. Critizing and preaching is not what I personally come to this site for.

My hat goes off to the Moderators. Thank you for what you do!
Old 12-17-2011, 11:21 AM   #151

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
You are correct, so we need get back on topic.

I was under the impression that we were not allowed to discuss this topic according to the Community Rules.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:38 PM   #152
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
The topic is the recent change in our Community Rules. Discussion of that is allowed.

What is not are the topics listed in those Community Rules, unless as noted.

Lori-
Old 12-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #153

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
The topic is the recent change in our Community Rules. Discussion of that is allowed.

What is not are the topics listed in those Community Rules, unless as noted.

Lori-
Old 12-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #154

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
  • General discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY areas of iRV2. Discussions about specific or pending legislation or regulations that directly pertain to RVing are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they become disruptive.
Ok, . . I understand the, gun rights, religion, and politics are out, part. Those subjects are real fire starters. These for the most part are not a legal or life threatening issues. Gun ownership, handling issues, transport issues, on the other hand are a little different. GUNS, what a horrible four letter word. Sorry couldn't help myself. Many in our group have questions about guns, weaponry, and I would rather see them get somewhat straight honest answers here, than just assume and get in trouble. When I first joined this forum, I had many questions about the do's and dont's of weapons in my RV and found an abundance of good advice here. Most of it was 'check the law and follow it'. Now I'm afraid all questions on the subject of guns are taboo. I agree, keep it RV related, and watch opinions but, let us approach the subject until it gets out of hand.

I mean really, are we not all adults here? (I have a 20 something son-in-law who I talked to about this today, and he said 'oh all the forums are like that') From reading this forum for a while, generally speaking, we are on average a little more than 20 something? I am more than three times twenty something. . . . .So then, do we, as a group, loose all our maturity and common sense, when we get on a forum like this? I really hope not.

I understand the need to moderate, and one of the reasons I love this site is because it is kept 'clean' and I don't have to weed through a bunch of foul language to find the information I need. But on the other hand, I would like to think I have the ability to filter the information I read as to my needs. If I don't agree I can just move on. BUT, every now and then I do want to hear some one else's OPINION! That does not mean I will get in an argument, but if I do isn't that what the triangle symbol with an exclamation point in it is for? If I'm getting flamed or the one doing the flaming, for whatever reason can't we just use this link to help stifle the situation. Our Moderators do a wonderful job with this site and I feel this has only made their job much harder. If they didn't have enough to watch out for, now they have even more.

What happens when we use this Triangle link? Can't the Moderators just eliminate a problem with a couple of clicks? Why can't we as members be somewhat more self policing and use this little triangle, if needed? Instead of outright saying NO to a subject give us some guidelines to use the triangle and report what we think is out of line. This would make the Moderators job easier, because the 'stuff' would be highlighted, and in effect thrown at them, and the Moderators will not have to fish throughout the threads for some of us deviants breaking the rules.

If I am out of line please forgive me.

Ok I've worn out my welcome now so I'll take my toys and go home.

Closed Thread