Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2011, 05:57 PM   #155
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkersRanch View Post
Ok I've worn out my welcome now so I'll take my toys and go home.
RinkersRanch, I believe that you have earned the right to be heard so no need to run away.

RinkersRanch presented the "CAT Seminar" at the 2011 National Rally at the Bethpage Resort in Urbanna, VA. Here's a person that stepped up and volunteered to give us some of his time and expertise and I certainly commend him for that. Thank you again for your dedication to iRV2.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2011, 06:01 PM   #156

Quote:
Why can't we as members be somewhat more self policing and use this little triangle, if needed?
Yep, if members were more self-policing this forum wouldn't even need rules. But they aren't, have never been and never will be, so rules have to be created and enforced to keep this a comfortable place to discuss RVing.

Thanks again to the mods for all you do to make this a great forum.

2017 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
2011 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab 4WD
Old 12-17-2011, 06:59 PM   #157

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If the decision has been made, why does the thread " do you carry a firearm in your rv?" still exhist???
Inforce the rule change of forget it !!!
If it were going to be open to debate it should have been done before any rule change was made.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #158
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
...What happens when we use this Triangle link? Can't the Moderators just eliminate a problem with a couple of clicks? Why can't we as members be somewhat more self policing and use this little triangle, if needed? Instead of outright saying NO to a subject give us some guidelines to use the triangle and report what we think is out of line. This would make the Moderators job easier, because the 'stuff' would be highlighted, and in effect thrown at them, and the Moderators will not have to fish throughout the threads for some of us deviants breaking the rules.
I'll try to answer. When a member clicks on the Report Post icon, it opens up a new window where the reporter can give a reason for why they believe there is a Community Rules violation. This along with a copy of the post being questioned is sent to all Moderators and Administrators for review. As to the guidelines for use of that button, when the new window opens, under the Report Post Message box, is a sentence that reads "Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts." That covers the majority of reasons for reporting. However, we all have different opinions of what we think is problematic. If a member is in doubt of whether or not a post has content which is in violation of our Community Rules, err on the side of caution. This is a HUGE Forum & our staff can't be everywhere at once. We're all volunteers so we don't have shifts where we have to be here certain times. We're here, just like the rest of you, when we have the time to be. Help from the eyes of our members goes a long way to helping us keep iRV2.com a place where we can enjoy discussing our RV'ing lifestyle.

Lori-
Old 12-17-2011, 08:02 PM   #159
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
And another way to handle a post or thread that you personally find offensive is to not read it. Under thread tools you can select "Ignore this thread."

ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 12-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #160
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by az bound View Post
If the decision has been made, why does the thread " do you carry a firearm in your rv?" still exhist???
Inforce the rule change of forget it !!!
If it were going to be open to debate it should have been done before any rule change was made.
I'm not sure where in the announcement it was posted as a debating thread.
Quote:
We wanted to let you know about a few changes to our Community Rules (link) that we hope will help sustain the 'Friendly Forum' feel that we work hard to maintain here to iRV2.
The only mention made of the word gun was a quote of the rules governing politics but as usually happens when that word is mentioned the 2 extreme sides get involved and this what you get so again I will mention the topic of the post was political rule changes.

As far as going back and closing any and all old weaponry posts not meeting the new guidelines I can only imagine the uproar that would cause about being heavy handed and while that may suit some "It Ain't Going To Happen".

As has been mentioned numerous times in numerous posts this would not be a problem if self moderation was applied by some.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 12-17-2011, 08:33 PM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post

As far as going back and closing any and all old weaponry posts not meeting the new guidelines I can only imagine the uproar that would cause about being heavy handed and while that may suit some "It Ain't Going To Happen".
So for clarification, any ongoing weaponry discussions are grandfathered and may continue, but new ones aren't allowed?

2017 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
Old 12-17-2011, 08:44 PM   #162
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
New posts in old threads will be under the new guidelines so some posts will fail and die out while other posts will be moderated as needed and may very well die out as well.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 12-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #163
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
So for clarification, any ongoing weaponry discussions are grandfathered and may continue, but new ones aren't allowed?

The short answer is: No.

The explanation: Old discussions won't be sought out for deleting, but the current Community Rules will apply to any posts made to them going forward. Just because old threads with the topics now no longer permitted existed pre-rules change, does not mean posts to them are allowed post-rules change. Many of those old threads did have good information that, unfortunately now are no longer allowed to be discussed under our current rules.

Lori-
Old 12-17-2011, 08:56 PM   #164

John and Lori, thank you for your responses.

2017 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
Old 12-18-2011, 07:52 AM   #165

Send a message via MSN to M zoll
Good Job
Old 12-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #166

Monaco Owners Club
[Moderator Edit]

Open threads invite response, and yes, even facilitate response. It is only through that facility that forums survive.

I respectfully request that the rules be again reviewed. While guns, religion, etc. are not RV specific, they are just as integral to camping/rv'ing as toilets and refrigerators. I say a prayer for safe travels and might carry something to ensure its success.

It would seem that our collective desire would be to limit sarcasm, angry responses, and help direct posters toward NON-flaming responses, but not to limit topics. After all, there are forums "Just Conversation" for Non-RV topics.

I appreciate that your job is tough. The written language can be tough to interpret and many times sarcasm can be "read" into the simplest of words. However, there is a lot of interest in safety. I see some controversial topics as vital as all others.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
Old 12-18-2011, 06:47 PM   #167

I think I'm just about done here.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:07 PM   #168
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Closed Thread