Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #197

Refreshing to open a site where politics isn't involved. Wish all media would do the same. Thank you very much.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #198

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have found that after a certain amount of time, a lot of "strictly RV" discussion starts to become repetitive. Seems that you are taking some of the fun out of it. But of course That is just my 2 cents worth.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:39 AM   #199

Thor Owners Club
Love the sign need one for my BnB
Old 12-21-2012, 08:45 AM   #200

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert View Post

Love the sign need one for my BnB
http://www.irv2.com/forums/attachmen...chmentid=15873
Old 12-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #201

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleValley2 View Post
I have found that after a certain amount of time, a lot of "strictly RV" discussion starts to become repetitive. Seems that you are taking some of the fun out of it. But of course That is just my 2 cents worth.
The forum is mostly RV related! We have or wish to own recreational vehicles. "Fun" is learning from other colleagues of like or similar interest. "Fun" is an answer to why my tag axle has oily residue on the rim and finding an answer from a fellow RVer' who has had the same experience thus saving me and my DW a full tank of diesel. Now that's "fun".
Old 12-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #202

Send a message via MSN to M zoll
change

I second That Thank You
B&W Companion 5th wheel
Old 12-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #203

Great,I like political sites... But I come here to get away from them..🍺
Old 12-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #204

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I won't speak to gun legsliation mostly since my personal views on the topic are confused enough that putting them on a screen is out of the question....

But on politics.. Since who is and who i not in office, Taxes, and a host of other things, ALL affect the cost of fuel, be it gas or diesel, and several other things, Such as the avaibality of some engines. A very large portion of politics applies to RV life.

There is an old saying "How does that affect the price of tea in China?" Well, thanks to modern US politics... A whole lot of stuff that did not, now does, affect the price of tea in many countries,, US and China being but two on the list.

I am not saying this is a good or bad thing, only that it is.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #205

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Politics tend to be a very polarizing topic these days, and compromise is hard to come by. I find the way political discussion is handled here to be quite good. Where the political topic is directly related to the RV focus of this forum, it is tolerated. If (when) it becomes incendiary it is quenched before it gets out of hand.

Kudos to the mods for understanding that politics DO affect us RVers, and so, must be allowed to be discussed here civilly. Where civility wanes, the mod hammer looms.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #206
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
Where civility wanes, the mod hammer looms.
I like that!

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 12-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #207

Vintage RV Owners Club
Good grief.

"Politics affect RVers therefore it's a topic that this privately owned site should/must allow" is simply ridiculous- can't the same thing be said of every other subject under the sun?????

But the advertisers think it's about RVing, so it seems reasonable to me that limiting discussion to those topics attracting the most ads for Rv-related products and services is the sensible approach.

That's what brings the bacon home for the owners here.

Frankly, I don't know why this is such a big deal, or even why site personnel need to announce/explain/justify what should be a purely business decision by the site owners.
In my opinion, the best way to "train" folks as to what is/isn't allowed is by the method used by older, more experienced sites:
Simply delete (without explanation or apologies) those posts/threads deemed outside the site's focus.

Folks can/will figure out soon enough what is and isn't allowed, and even the most persistent envelope-pushers will soon give up.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #208

"Simply delete (without explanation or apologies) those posts/threads deemed outside the site's focus."
I think it's called common courtesy .... The mods here explain why a post got deleted,,, and I like that... We can all learn from it on how to control our fingers... I mentioned one wrong word recently, and got my post deleted,,, but got a nice pm explaining why,,, and that helped me here on this very nice forum...
Old 02-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #209

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Common Courtesy...
Open Adult discussions... RIP
Old 02-03-2013, 12:16 AM   #210

Monaco Owners Club
Great idea! I was getting depressed sometimes reading non-rv topics or comments...won't go to some other forums because they are not moderated for topics and content. This is a very common problem in forums since the beginning of the BBS (bulletin board system) ...with their invention came the "troll". Its interesting as they present themselves different here...because of the average age of forum member I imagine. Nice thank you.
Closed Thread