Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2013, 05:54 AM   #211

Send a message via MSN to M zoll
Rules

Thank You
B&W Companion 5th wheel
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #212

Monaco Owners Club
Good clarification and REALLY like the idea of when someone ventures across the center line that you first pm them - just deleting them without explanation will alienate your users...
Besides, it's not like if we don't discuss those topics here, they will go away anyway !

I think the 'upper strata' of the clientele here has something to do with the civility of this site... I find the same decorum on the Audi site I visit....

Now the Ford diesel and other forum sites have an extra subscription "Club" section for ALMOST anything goes, but that section is well modulated and 99% of the time self-limiting !

I, and many others, find that an excellent venue for discussions that SHOULD be discussed, but USED to be taken in the barber shop or at the community diner

Good job irv2 !
and about the IRV2 mods - I try to limit the hours on here, but

"Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in !!!!!!!!!!!!"

I KNOW this audience knows where that quote is from
Old 02-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #213

Well said! Thank you for saving us from all those unwanted rants
Old 03-31-2013, 04:18 PM   #214

I am new to irv2 and I have read these comments concerning the new rules and I have not found an answer for my question. Maybe I will cause some infractions here so please bear with me. Please know I am not trying to be sarcastic, I just need to know. I am a Christian and always speak of God blessing me in such and such or His leading me somewhere. He has delivered me of smoking and been my coach through 60+ pounds of weight loss. Am I to understand that I can not express these sentiments? I am not talking about evangelizing or telling people they are wrong when they don't agree, I just can't have a conversation without being me. Thank you for your patience and God bless.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #215
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
We are first & foremost an RV-ing website. That is our focus. Each members has their own beliefs & guiding presence in their life; however our forums are not the proper venue to expound on those beliefs. Please understand it is not meant as a supression of your values, just our decision to foster a harmonious site. Too often threads become disruptive when religious beliefs are discussed or comments made. For this reason we have the rules we have.

Thank you for understanding our position on this issue.

Lori-
Old 03-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #216

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Mulno View Post
I am new to irv2 and I have read these comments concerning the new rules and I have not found an answer for my question. Maybe I will cause some infractions here so please bear with me. Please know I am not trying to be sarcastic, I just need to know. I am a Christian and always speak of God blessing me in such and such or His leading me somewhere. He has delivered me of smoking and been my coach through 60+ pounds of weight loss. Am I to understand that I can not express these sentiments? I am not talking about evangelizing or telling people they are wrong when they don't agree, I just can't have a conversation without being me. Thank you for your patience and God bless.
I am a practicing Atheist and I manage to post regularly on IRV2 without expressing my beliefs or forcing them on others.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:15 PM   #217
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
And this is how it usually starts.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 04-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #218

Send a message via MSN to M zoll
Thank you very much also 👍👍
B&W Companion 5th wheel
Old 04-02-2013, 05:41 AM   #219

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
And this is how it usually starts.
I agree. Lets talk about RVs instead
Old 04-02-2013, 05:42 AM   #220

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:

Here's a hypothetical: Suppose a member here was a satanist, and always included examples of how satan enriched his life with whatever it is that satanists get out of satanism in his RV forum messages. Would it disturb you?

Now substitute Muslim, Wiccan, Athiest, and anyone else who may not subscribe to YOUR faith in the above hypothetical. I'm sure we have examples of all these here.

So, why do you think that YOUR expression of YOUR religious beliefs wouldn't be uncomfortable or disturbing to others who may not share your brand of religion. How does your religious expression in your messages help the RV focus of the forum?

My advice, hold onto your faith and live the life that makes you happy. Allow others to do so as well without encroaching on THEIR beliefs or passing (even silent) judgement about their choices.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:48 AM   #221
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
No more religious comments or discussions please.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post

Here's a hypothetical: Suppose a member here was a satanist, and always included examples of how satan enriched his life with whatever it is that satanists get out of satanism in his RV forum messages. Would it disturb you?

Now substitute Muslim, Wiccan, Athiest, and anyone else who may not subscribe to YOUR faith in the above hypothetical. I'm sure we have examples of all these here.

So, why do you think that YOUR expression of YOUR religious beliefs wouldn't be uncomfortable or disturbing to others who may not share your brand of religion. How does your religious expression in your messages help the RV focus of the forum?

My advice, hold onto your faith and live the life that makes you happy. Allow others to do so as well without encroaching on THEIR beliefs or passing (even silent) judgement about their choices.
I would have no problem with those examples. What makes this country great in my eyes is that we don't need to agree to respect each other. I absolutely believe those other faiths or lack thereof, should be allowed to be who they are. We just need to respect our differences.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #223

People, please don't get ruffled, just asked a question. Not trying to tell anyone what to do.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #224
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
People, please don't get ruffled, just asked a question. Not trying to tell anyone what to do.

Susan (and others) - this thread exists as an educational piece to let iRV2 forum members know about our rules and specific expectations regarding discussion of politics and religion. You can read the entire set of rules here: http://www.irv2.com/forums/misc.php?...ork&page=rules and if you have specific questions you can always message a moderator.

We came to this decision after much turmoil and because we believe it's in the best interest of our community. This board has members from around the world and each culture and country has it's own standard of acceptable expression of thought; so does this forum. Please honor other members and keep to the agreement you made when you joined about our posting standards. The time for debate on this issue has long passed.

Let's move on.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Closed Thread