Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2014, 11:46 AM   #15
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Those that are experiencing problems, it would be helpful if you could post;

Your device type,
operating system and version,
browser and version.

Thanks.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2014, 11:50 AM   #16

FWIW, the increasingly slow responses have been dramatically reversed. All I did was remove the "trial" version of AVG mal-ware protection after it expired.

Is it possible that at least some of the anti-malware sites cause slow-downs if you don't pony up with money after the trial period?

PC with XP pro using Google Chrome
Old 12-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #17
Community Administrator

After re reading your post I see that you " refresh the page ". The browser is what needs to be cleared of irv2 history to refresh it. Try that and let us know.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:59 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Our experience varies. There are times when it is really slow, other times when it is faster. IMO is has to do with band width and the number of people on the site and on the line. I have observed that the browser seems to need a reasonable amount of information to remain with an active connection. Otherwise it seems to drop off.

I had an issue with updating my Garmin. Garmin tech diagnosed an issue with my provider. Apparently the connection is not clean enough for the Garmin to decipher. All of the packets were failing. Tried it on our daughters connection and an hour later I was updated. Weird because the previous update was completed without issue on my connection.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:21 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just an FYI, I use Firefox on two computers and have not experienced any issues with slow downs or no responses from the IRV2 site or any other sites.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:28 PM   #20

Just for information, no problems on iPhone 5 with Safari and app.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:53 AM   #21

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I use Win 8.1, IE 11 and FF (unsure, but latest version). I DO clean Temp Internet Files, Including iRV2 pages often. I have my browser set to delete pages when I close the browser. I am quite proficient with my browser and am a beta tester for MS on new OS'es, including Win 10 Tech Evaluation.

The problem is NOT my browser or system. I have been through all the recommended changes. I guess I will have to try Chrome, but since this is the only site with this problem, that trial will have to wait until I have time.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 06:01 AM   #22

I use the Android app from a variety of devices, Galaxy S5 ' s (we have 2) and several tablets. Never a problem except one time a week or so ago I got a message no site connection but 10 min later it was OK. Presumed some site maintenance was going on.
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:17 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
The same thing happened a couple years ago http://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/irv2-...ow-148371.html and we went through all the rig a ma roll of what everyone is running, operating systems, browsers. etc. then it was corrected/fixed.
Simply, other browsers might block ad's, work faster, better and so on, but when, as mentioned in the old thread above, with IE , some folks seems to fault IE when this problem comes up...........its only having problems on this web site........no problem with other web sites, when reporting problems? Like I posted in the older thread, my only slowness/lockups happen on here, no where else............why? I am thinking after the first go around......and now , I can tell when the techs are working /correcting the website.......? Seems, last week there was some activity, as I posted earlier. As with anything, it breaks, slows, has problems........It would just be nice to be told this, and they are working on the problem, without the mind set that is most folks equipment, or the programs they are using....... When my IE works all day long, super fast Verizon DSL, no page loading problems, browsing the net, and visit here, locked up, frozen, page reload.......Have to wonder?
As I said, all the folks that make this forum happen and watch over it are wonderful and do a super job.......without many THANKS.........
So, with this in mind, this is just my experience, over some time here, and thought I would post it, cause I was involved the last time.......this happened.
After the last fix/upgrade, IE has worked just fine/fast here..........
Old 12-29-2014, 05:24 PM   #24

North Korea
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 06:58 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
On here 2 hours tonight.........Fly=in fast.......No problems tonight....
Old 12-29-2014, 08:14 PM   #26

I come on every day at some time. I always use the "New posts" icon to get everything I haven't read before and I'm having no problems. New pages load within a couple of seconds. I use Google Chrome to access the news-group. It's a bit slower on IE, but I'm still running IE8 because I have Win XP and can't upgrade.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #27

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I use FireFox and Adblock Plus, gets rid of almost all the ads.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:33 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Running Windows 7 and using Chrome can not upload an attachment will go 54% and stop sometimes to 81% but will not complete the unload.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote