Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2013, 12:13 AM   #1

iRV2 Paid Subscription Expiry Notice

That was the title of the email I received an hour ago.

It states that my access to the paid subscription of IRV2 is annually recurring, about to expire, and my access will be removed if I don't renew.

Would someone like to explain exactly what this is, because it's the 1st time I have seen anything like this?

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2013, 12:47 AM   #2

Sounds Fishy to me. I would hope that the moderators will chime in and clear this up, in the mean time you can go to your Control panel and check your renewal date. did it have a link for you to follow to "update or pay" that would be the dead give away..you can renew from this website right here.
Spence
Spencer & Tracie RVM#62
2013 RAM 3500DRW 4x4 Laramie, Cummins, 385HP,850FTLBS Aisin Trans
2014 DRV Elite Suite 41RESB4
Spare puller:2004 RAM3500DRW Cummins (DW's truck)
Roosters 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:56 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's a situation that is already being checked into.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:14 AM   #4
Retired Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
It's a situation that is already being checked into.
Link? I received the same type notice. Assumed it is a phishing SCAM due to wording. ??
RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:33 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I hope that it is not a scam, because I have just paid it through PayPal.

This is how I understand it:

If you are an iRV2 supporter (little badge under your username on post that you make) and want to continue being a iRV2 supporter, you pay an annual fee of $15.03. The supporter status gives you a few advantages as a user, and obviously shows your support.

You can have PayPal pay this amount annually without you having to do anything, and you can cancel this "subscription" whenever you like.

If you are an iRV2 supporter now, and don't pay the annual fee, you loose your status as a supporter and revert to being a "standard member" without special privileges.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:04 AM   #6
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
When we first offered the "iRV2 Supporter" option, we awarded this to our most active members for 1 year as way of thanking them for their contributions to iRV2.

If that is your case and you do not wish to renew your iRV2 Supporter status, then you do not need to do anything.

The email you received is just a notification that the year is up and if you wish to remain an iRV2 Supporter, then you will have to subscribe via the iRV2 link, which is administered by PayPal. iRV2 Supporter

If you have become a iRV2 Supporter via PayPal, then your iRV2 Supporter status is automatically renewed each year via PayPal.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:06 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danes-on-tour View Post
I hope that it is not a scam, because I have just paid it through PayPal.

This is how I understand it:

If you are an iRV2 supporter (little badge under your username on post that you make) and want to continue being a iRV2 supporter, you pay an annual fee of $15.03. The supporter status gives you a few advantages as a user, and obviously shows your support.

You can have PayPal pay this amount annually without you having to do anything, and you can cancel this "subscription" whenever you like.

If you are an iRV2 supporter now, and don't pay the annual fee, you loose your status as a supporter and revert to being a "standard member" without special privileges.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:10 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My response: I am not paying for these forums, they are not that important to me.. If I'm allowed to continue as a free member. OK but I am not paying.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:34 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Basic membership is always free.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:50 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
The reason that I am happy to pay for this forum is that people keeps saving my little a** over and over again. Without all this advice I would have spend thousands of $ on RV techs, who claim to know everything about "your specific problem", where, in fact, it is the first time ever that they have seen or worked on something like it. Yes - I can have the same info for free as a basic member, but it does cost something to run a "free" service I am sure.

Also - through iRV2 I have made many personal friends. These are friend that will remain life-long friends, and I really do appreciate this. Again - I would have met them as a basic member, but nevertheless.

I think it is $15 I am happy to part with. I get a lot for my money here.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:51 AM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't mind paying a bit, but I am completely unfamiliar with pay pal and would prefer just to have the choice of credit card. The wording indicates I have a choice but if I understand correctly I really do not; meaning I must use the pay pal link.

The asterisk explanation is not clear to me on the sign up page. I think I also understand now from reading comments here that none of the original subscriptions were reoccurring so if I want this it must be reoccurring. If that is not the case then how do I tell if I signed up for reoccurring (if that was even possible).
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:59 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I've certainly picked up $15.00 worth of knowledge here over the past year. I'll renew.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:19 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Expiry notice?

I got one too---

I haven't heard, or read about, or had any prior notice about a fee being accessed to "support" this forum?

Hmmm- Dale O (aka "Omey"), Mike P (aka "driver")- What you say??

Having said that, I don't think $15.03/yr is going to bankrupt anyone in our RV'n life style. Two days notice---

"Paid Subscription Expiry Notice"

Your access to the paid subscription "iRV2.com Supporting Member ($15.03 Annually Recurring)" is about to expire.

If you have selected a recurring subscription you will be automatically billed for the renewal, else to renew this subscription you must visit http://www.irv2.com/forums/payments.php

If you do not extend your subscription, access will be removed.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:54 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You can access PayPal to see if you upgraded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
If that is not the case then how do I tell if I signed up for reoccurring (if that was even possible).

Tags
scr