Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2014, 10:36 PM   #1
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Java Chat Room Problem

When I want to enter the chat rooms Java needs to load in order to get in the rooms. Both my laptop & desktop computers were running Java 7 update 45. We would get a warning that said;

Running unsigned applications like this will be blocked in future release because it is potentially unsafe and a security risk. Than there was a box to check followed by a statement " I accept the risk and want to run the application: it would than run Java and we would enter the Chat Room Lobby.

Today on my desktop computer windows 7 was doing updates and I with out thinking, following the windows update, OKed a Java update. We were able to click LATER and move on but today I clicked OK and Java updated to Update 51.

Now no mater what I do when I click on Enter Chat Room I get the error message; Application blocked by security settings
Location http://client4.addonchat.com

I have messed around for a couple of hours backing off on my security settings in Windows 7 to no avail. I tried Fire Fox and Google Chrome and no change. My guess is that iRV2 uses http://client4.addonchat.com for their chat rooms and the application is not signed.

I believe this is going to become a problem for others using the chat rooms if they load Java 7 update 51 which is the current version. I was hoping one of our staff members would try to access the chat room with the latest version of Java and see what you get?

Thanks;
Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2014, 06:56 AM   #2
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I see this too. We'll look into it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Java Security Warning.png
Views:	235
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	53963

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:01 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you go into the Java control panel and add ivr2.com to the list you will have no problem entering the chat room
mark8061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:18 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My computer maintenance co. logged in remotely this morning. They went into my Control Panel, clicked on the Java (32 bit) applet and changed the security setting from High to Medium. It now gives me an option to run java and it now works fine. Thanks for the help;

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Old 01-16-2014, 08:41 AM   #5

I think it is an issue with Windows 8. And assume that there will be an update to fix it...
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:24 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless View Post
I think it is an issue with Windows 8. And assume that there will be an update to fix it...
I am running Windows 7. It is a Java issue and now fixed.

Thanks;
Don
Old 01-16-2014, 01:59 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
since oracle bought out sun microsystems, there has been nothing but problems related to java.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:12 PM   #8
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Yep, it's a Java issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
I see this too. We'll look into it.

Attachment 53963

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro View Post
My computer maintenance co. logged in remotely this morning. They went into my Control Panel, clicked on the Java (32 bit) applet and changed the security setting from High to Medium. It now gives me an option to run java and it now works fine. Thanks for the help;

Don
I had the same exact problem as Petro last night logging into Winnebago Chat. Couldn't get in thru Java. Petro coached me on how to fix it. I got in with some changes on my security setting. Thanks Petro!
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:55 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Please check here for some help: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/chat-...lp-190535.html

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:29 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
hi Janet . I have followed all you hints and instructions but I am still unable to get into the chat room .The last message says internet explorer has refused to allow because the app is unsigned. Any help would be great . Thanks Mark
Old 02-16-2014, 10:19 AM   #12
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
mark8061;

Did you look at my post #4? I believe your Java Security is set at high and if you set it at medium you should get a box that allows you to over ride the problem. Good Luck;

Don
Old 02-16-2014, 10:45 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
yes petro I did and I have it set at the lowest . But no joy . I don't know what else to do . anyone else out there with any ideas?
Old 02-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #14

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sorry to hear you could not get into the room. Good luck to night.
2008 Pontiac G 6 & Blue Ox Aventa LX
FC Ontario is offline   Reply With Quote