Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Lost forum formatting

All of a sudden this forum appears in a list format instead of the normal format with advertising. This is the only forum of the many I vist where this occurs. Any ideas about what is causing it?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Interesting. Can you try logging out, deleting your temp internet files and then logging in again?

If it continues, We'll need more info to trouble shoot. Browser, versions, security protocol, etc...

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Janet, I logged out and deleted cookies from the site. The first time I did that when I reloaded the site it came up with the proper formatting. When I logged it it reverted to the list format. When I repeated the process it stayed in the list format. If I reboot after logging out and deleting cookies and then access the site it comes up with the proper format. I am using Firefox 8.0, Win7 Home Premium 64 bit. In IE 9 I tried opening irv2.com/forums and it came up in in list form. When I clicked on HOME in the list it came up correct. Then I logged in and it stayed correct. Now it is okay in IE all the time. Any suggestions? Clay
Old 01-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Any chance you changed your Thread Display Option to Threaded?
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Any chance you changed your Thread Display Option to Threaded?
Nope it's set to linear oldest first.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Clay - I still believe this is a caching issue. You will need to log out, delete cookies AND internet browsing history. Then try logging in again.

Your computer (or isp) stores some of the page content so that next time the page load will be faster. That old content is probably what you are seeing.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Old 01-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Okay tried deleting both cookies and recent browsing history. After I do that if I leave the site and go back to it the site opens normally, but as soon as I log in it goes to the list format. I am puzzled. It must have something to do with FireFox since I don't have the issue if I use IE. The site has worked fine with Firefox for years. I updated FireFox to version 9 but the problem persists.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Clay, all the avatars, buttons, attachments, etc are served through a content delivery network (CDN) which uses cdn.irv2.com in the URL to call those files. You might be using an ad blocker which is blocking that domain and thus you are not seeing those files? Please make sure that you are not blocking cdn.irv2.com either in your browser, ad blocker, or security settings.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Old 01-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Clay, all the avatars, buttons, attachments, etc are served through a content delivery network (CDN) which uses cdn.irv2.com in the URL to call those files. You might be using an ad blocker which is blocking that domain and thus you are not seeing those files? Please make sure that you are not blocking cdn.irv2.com either in your browser, ad blocker, or security settings.
That was the answer!! I had disabled script blocking thinking I was disabling AdBlocker. Disabled AdBlocker and the site is normal now whether I am logged in or out. Still don't know what changed though.
Thanks for the help - a lot.

Tags
forum