Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mobile app change coming - soonish

Some of you may begin seeing a slidedown notice for a new iRV2 a mobile app when you are browsing the site using a mobile device.. In the next few days or so we are going to be changing our app.

We're making this change because we're just not satisfied with the current app; lots of folks have had trouble and we believe this will be an improvement.

The new app is based on the Tapatalk platform, although it's not the generic Tapatalk app. It is FREE for members and customized for iRV2. While no mobile app is perfect we hope this will be an improvement and hope that you will bear with us as the kinks are worked out.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2014, 03:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Some of you may begin seeing a slidedown notice for a new iRV2 a mobile app when you are browsing the site using a mobile device.. In the next few days or so we are going to be changing our app.

We're making this change because we're just not satisfied with the current app; lots of folks have had trouble and we believe this will be an improvement.

The new app is based on the Tapatalk platform, although it's not the generic Tapatalk app. It is FREE for members and customized for iRV2. While no mobile app is perfect we hope this will be an improvement and hope that you will bear with us as the kinks are worked out.
Is it an option or a requirement that you change to the new app when the slide down notice appears?
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:02 PM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
The old app is no longer supported and it's functions will deteriorate. If you uninstall the old app, it will not be available for reinstallation.

You don't have to change right now, but it's highly recommended. At some point you would have to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
Is it an option or a requirement that you change to the new app when the slide down notice appears?

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
The old app is no longer supported and it's functions will deteriorate. If you uninstall the old app, it will not be available for reinstallation.

You don't have to change right now, but it's highly recommended. At some point you would have to change.
Good to know, I will be on the look out for the new app notice, thanks.
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:23 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Tapatalk.app???

Some of us may already be using, and owning, one of the two TapATalk apps for other forums that follow. With this require a seperate app or will we be able to use the normal "for pay" version or the "HD" version?

Any idea when this transition will occur?
Old 04-09-2014, 09:29 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWSnow View Post
Some of us may already be using, and owning, one of the two TapATalk apps for other forums that follow. With this require a seperate app or will we be able to use the normal "for pay" version or the "HD" version?

Any idea when this transition will occur?
We don't have an exact date for the rollout but I expect it within the week. The reason for this is that the apps are submitted to the google play store and iTunes and then go into an approval queue. Once they are approved, they are available for download. Once we have submitted them (which we have done) the rest of the process is out of our hands. It's possible that the driod version and the idevice version may be available on different days

You should be able to use the stand alone pd version of tapatalk that you already own but it's possible that not all features will function correctly. Some experimentation on your part will be needed.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:12 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My complaint on the mobile app you have now (If you are fixing this then THANKS)

When I log in with my computer the default view I choose is New posts since last marked read.

This lets me scroll through the new posts and choose the ones I read/answer to, across all sub and sub-sub forums.

I have yet to figure out how to do that with the mobile app. I need to go to each sub forum and sub/sub forum and that is way too much effort.

I see Tap-a-talk has been in here,, Looking forward to the new app. (App works well for PM's though)
Old 04-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The current app is from another vendor, not Tapatalk.

The previous vendor no longer offers support, so we are switching to Tapatalk.

We are not fixing the current app, we are replacing it with Tapatalk.

Old 04-10-2014, 02:49 AM   #9

Im with Wa8yxm...
Quote:
Support Our Mission: If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts
Can't get only "unanswered posts" this with the app, so I quit using it as that is mostly where I look daily.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:13 AM   #10

I use the current mobile app daily. Usually several times per day. I have no problem with it.

Not looking forward to the change, but if the vendor is going to de-support the current version, there's not a lot of choice.

Oh my... Another thing to deal with!
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:21 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
No app will have all the features of the full site as apps are not intended to replace the full site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94-Newmar View Post
Im with Wa8yxm...
Can't get only "unanswered posts" this with the app, so I quit using it as that is mostly where I look daily.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:22 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The new Tapatalk app is now available for download on Android devices.

I just downloaded it.

Much better than the old app!

Old 04-11-2014, 10:43 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Some help on where to go to do what on this new style app. I hate having to figure out (what to tap) how to get to 'subscriptions' for example. I did finally find most of what I was looking for. Those of us not up to date on other 'forum' apps have a bit of a hard time. It looks ok and seems to work ok. Once I find everything I'm use to using and following.

RinkersRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:53 AM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
Start with logging in again on your app! From there it is pretty intuitive.
My phone downloaded the new app automatically last night and for a bit I was stumped... could read, could see who was online (green button glow) but there wasn't a way to reply to a thread... so I back arrowed until I can to the log in place. Hasn'tr happened on my tablet yet.