Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2014, 09:23 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Moving pics to threads

I can't move my pics from my album to a new thread. It used to be easy- Copy and paste the full size pic.
I don't see a BB code below my full size pic-- What do I need to do??
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2014, 10:38 AM   #2

What device are you using?
Laptop running windows 7 or 8 ; or an I pad or cell phone ?
I've seen similar complaints about importation , from I pat & cell phone users.

I open the pictures in Windows photo gallery , re-size and save, then import to the post.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Moving pics to threads

See if post #7 in this thread helps. , Max.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/forum...ics-49134.html

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:31 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks Cliff--

It doesn't help me a bit- Sorry. It's probably me- I'm "nerdy"

I have the pics in my album on irv2. All I want to do is move each one (one at a time) from that album to the text of a new thread.
It only will allow me to take them from my computer In a group of 4, I guess.
It used to be so easy- It ain't anymore.

I hope someone from irv2 will give a class at the rally on how to do this. Oh, I'm using Windows 7 on my pc.

I was told it is probably because I was using AOL. I have since used IE and Firefox- same results- nothing. I'm on another vehicle forum (NAM- North American Motors) and it's just "Copy and paste". It's so easy.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:23 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Hi Max. Maybe I can help. When you want to insert photos you have uploaded to iRV2 into a post, here's what I do (using IE):
  1. Have 2 browser tabs open. One with your reply post you're crafting & one open to your albums on iRV2.
  2. In your message, click on the picture icon in the toolbar (looks like a mountain with a sun above it). You will get a pop up that says "Please enter the URL of your image"
  3. Go to your other tab & right click on a photo you want to insert (it can be the thumbnail or the larger sized one).
  4. Click on the word Properties from pop up list.
  5. Highlight & copy the URL address of your photo that displays in the next pop up, then close that pop up box.
  6. Go back to your other tab (the one with your post in it) & paste that URL in the field.
  7. Click on OK
If you followed the steps, your photo will appear in the post. Like so:

Repeat from step 2 for as many photos as you want to insert. This is the best way if you want text to describe pictures. You can type text, insert a photo or photos, type more text, insert ore photos...etc.

Now, there's different steps if you're uploading pictures from your computer. But that's for another time.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:48 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Technically, you should be able to just copy your photo housed in the iRV2 photos section & paste it into your post. In my experience, it doesn't always work. I know it doesn't work when I'm using Chrome & it's hit or miss with FF. So I use the above steps to get it to work, no matter what browser I'm using.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:09 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks girl--

I've wasted about 6 hours today on this job- I'll look at it again another time. It was a rainy day and I started early to add a tread for updating two TV's in my friends '03 HR Endeavor.

I give up-- I'll stick to my machine shop. And oh, by the way I have two "snagless door bolts" made for you. See you in Myrtle Beach- Ha,ha

Cheers,
Old 08-04-2014, 06:35 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks Lori-

You got me going with the "mountain/sun" deal. I worked for about two hours this am and got about 75% finished when I accidently hit something and every thing disappeared- except the thread title.

I'm now going to change the oil and grease my rig- something I know how to do. But, I shall return----

Thanks again--